🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I didn't get my payment
Page options
nirmeen89
Community Member

I didn't get my payment

Hello, I'm a new freelancer
I found a job on upwork last month, I started June 15, my last working day was July 13
I worked for three hours a day, five days a week. But I didn't submit the hours on upwork, as I wasn't aware that I should, and my employer never mentioned it.
When I asked about my payment, my employer stopped replying.
What can I do now? Especially that I don't have the hours saved on upwork.
Please note that I recorded some Facebook videos for the agency, which I asked to be removed for personal reasons and my employer didn't remove them.
Please advise. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
richardrader
Community Member

Once a contract is started, hours must be tracked using the UpWork time tracker. That is how you get paid for hourly contracts. If you don't use the time tracker, there is really nothing UpWork can do for you. The best thing to do is keep trying to get hold of the client and have them pay you on UpWork. Perhaps you can let the client know what happened and he/she can pay you a "bonus" payment of the amount you were supposed to make. 

Here is how hourly contracts work on UpWork https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698

I do have a question. Is this contract still open?

Thank you for your reply, the contract is closed, but my client opened another one in order to fix it 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nirmeen, 

I'd also like to note that logging hours keeps you protected under Upwork's Payment Protection program, so it's important to meet the requirements listed here to be eligible for Hourly Protection. You have the option of asking the client to issue you a bonus payment for the work that you have completed last time. However, I would like to note that bonuses are not protected under the Payment Protection program.

~ Avery
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Nirmeen,

I checked your account and it looks like you were working on an hourly contract. For hourly contracts, clients are automatically invoiced for the hours you logged. You will need to download the Upwork Time Tracker App to track your time while working. In this case, you may reach out to your client again, and request if they can send you bonus or if they can allow you to add manual time. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members