🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I didn't get payment for work
Page options
alexis-arinze
Community Member

I didn't get payment for work

Greetings, lovely people

I've been working with this client who ghosted me when I delivered the final product and when it was time to release the payment. It's been 14 days and the money is still 'in review.' I thought it would immediately go into pending status after 14 days. Should I wait one more day or is there something I have to do? I've never had to wait the full 2 weeks, and so, I'm not sure of the proper protocol.

(*thanks for your time)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

The release of payment doesn't happen IMMEDIATELY when the time ticks over to 14 days.

Just wait a few hours more.

Within a day the money will be released to you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

The release of payment doesn't happen IMMEDIATELY when the time ticks over to 14 days.

Just wait a few hours more.

Within a day the money will be released to you.

Thanks, this does help. 

I also approved my work now clint is not paying me he charged me 75$ to get payment what I saposd to do

mike0070
Community Member

Well, I would suggest you wait for a few days because the wait is much better than a clash with a client or dispute. hopefully you it will reflect in a couple of days.

Best of luck ahead
kieshacampbellog
Community Member

Hi ,

I worked for a client here on upwrok for 10 whole days and they are refusing to pay me..what can I do?

re: "I worked for a client here on upwrok for 10 whole days and they are refusing to pay me. What can I do?"

Kiesha:
The most important thing for you to do is to figure out what you did wrong.

You need to understand what you did wrong, so that you don't make the same mistake again in the future.

We can help you figure out what you did wrong. Please answer these questions:

a) Were you officially hired? (Do you see the contract listed here: Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

b) Was this a fixed-price or hourly contract?

c) If this was an hourly contract, did you log your time?

d) If this was a fixed-price contract, did you click the "Submit Work for Payment" button?

Hi Kiesha,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your recent experience. I see that you have already initiated a communication via a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members