🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I didn't know how good Top Rated perks ar...
Page options
77ab2904
Community Member

I didn't know how good Top Rated perks are!

I just got my Top Rated badge last week. So I got their email saying what the perks are and honestly... I didn't read (Sorry!!)

Up until today (Friday), I received a notification from Upwork saying my earnings from last week (hourly projects) are already available! Which is normally should be available in the next Wednesday.

Thanks Upwork for this opportunity!

To all the freelancers out there, I hope you get all the opportunities you deserve ❤️

I'm open for conversation here in the comment section 😊

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

Now you can laugh at people who threaten you with bad feedback if you don't refund.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PradeepH

Hi Johanna,

Congratulations on getting a Top Rated badge. You can refer to this help page to know more about the benefit of being a Top Rated freelancer.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much!

ericaandrews
Community Member

One of the other great perks is that you also get access to LIVE support - like an actual human chatting with you live or a Phone call, instead of just putting in 'tickets' that may or may not ever be addressed. If you ever need to speak to a real human, all you have to do is type in "speak to a representative" when you open the 'get support' window, and it will ask a couple of other questions before giving you an option to speak with somebody live on chat or do a phone call.  😊  It's much better than 'fighting' for a 20 minutes with a 'bot' that doesn't understand what you need.

ericaandrews
Community Member

You'll also notice that the number of spam/junk invites that you get will decrease drastically because scammers tend to avoid people that appear to be 'veterans' on the platform - They like to target newer people who may not be aware of all the scams out there.  That 'badge' is basically a 'signal' to scammers that they are wasting their time.  It does differ by industry, but I remember years ago I would be flooded with scams before I had a badge, and now I rarely see them in my 'invites'.

Hello CJ!

Wow this is good! I remember waiting for a ticket before, it took days before someone get to me. It was regarding an identification issue for my profile. Thanks for letting me know this!

It's like the badge is our shield to "scammers". Well I do notice them sometimes and just block them on messages.

lysis10
Community Member

Now you can laugh at people who threaten you with bad feedback if you don't refund.

77ab2904
Community Member

Agreed! I remember I had a client before who ghosted me then came back after 5-6 months. So we worked together again but there come a time where I didn't respond for like 8 hours because of time difference, then he ended the contract and gave me bad feedback for not responding quickly.

colettelewis
Community Member

Hmmm ... apart from the obvious perk, which I have never used, I have not received an invitation since February 2022 (fortunately, a great client), except for a couple of people, who think I would be good to go on under $3 an hour.  On the other hand I haven't used my connects, which is probably why.  Just sayin' ...

ETA: Actually I think this is due to Upwork's geoblocking policy.   

I didn't know they have geoblocking policy. Anyway, I have same experience with you too! I offer graphic designing and we give quotation to clients depending on their needs. Some of them just don't consider the profession of a person and just give you the lowest possible offer.

When I was new to Upwork, I'll just accept whatever offer there is just to gain projects. But now I realized my capability and my worth.

I hope you get the opportunity you deserve!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths