sweetyme
Community Member

I didn't receive my money in paypal

money doesn't see in my paypal account

23 REPLIES 23
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Aida,

I just checked your account and I saw that you just withdrew your money today. Kindly wait within the day for your earnings to reflect on your PayPal account. Thank you!

Untitled

already submitted ticket but no REPLY at all need quick response here please help asap...Thank you

I am having the same problem. Been 3 hours now and still don't have my funds in my Paypal account.

Not Happy.

Same issue here. Usually payment is received within a few minutes of withdrawing it. Tonight it’s been over 3 hours. What is the cause for this, Upwork? Clearly multiple people are affected and we depend on our income on a timely basis, so we need to know what’s going on.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aida, Scott, and Michelle,

Some Paypal transactions take 24-hours before it gets credited to your account. If it this doesn't happen automatically after 24-hours, please get back to us and we'll request the team to issue a trace for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sweetyme
Community Member

if it's really happen in 24 hrs that sound's not too good because it is the first time happen to me. How can I get back the money to upwork?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aida, 

Unfortunately, we are unable to request for a trace, or a refund to your Upwork account earlier than the 24-hour count. We would request for your patience as we look into this. If the team has confirmed that this is an issue, we'll go back to this thread and post an update. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sblaydes
Community Member

Is the inability to start a trace less that 24 hours from the transfer an Upwork or Paypal policy? Are there other internal checks that Upwork can do before a trace?

Had to put back a cart full of groceries last night due to this delay. Waiting on a medical prescription to be picked up. Now I have to take special trips to do these things again. This will cost me time which is money for a freelancer.

Just found my withdraw had been returned to my Upwork account and successfully transferred to my PayPal account.

While Upwork ever tell us what happened? Can't say I would recommend Upwork when I have problems getting paid on time.

petra_r
Community Member

@Scott B wrote:

Just found my withdraw had been returned to my Upwork account and successfully transferred to my PayPal account.

While Upwork ever tell us what happened? Can't say I would recommend Upwork when I have problems getting paid on time.

So, with how much of the well over $ 100 k you've withdrawn did you have "problems getting paid on time?"

I understand that it is irritating but quite frankly when $ 100 k freelancer can not buy food a couple of hours after a withdrawal it speaks more to a lack of financial planning than a complete platform failure...

mcanever
Community Member

It doesn't matter how Scott manages his money--more important is that Upwork communicates with us about these delays and lets us know whether to expect them going forward or not. I've been withdrawing from Upwork for years and typically, PayPal withdrawals are processed within minutes. Yesterday is the first time I heard "up to 24 hours" mentioned.

I've had pay delayed by Upwork 3 times in the last 6 months (first due to needing to verify my profile, despite me being a member since 2011 and having a fully verified profile, second due to sending pay to an old bank account automatically, then last night's snafu) and considering the fees I pay (20% on new projects, 10/5% on an existing one) I find that unacceptable. 

If we're used to getting payments within minutes, then naturally we're going to freak out when delays happen, especially if we are told "contact support if you don't receive payment within 24 hours". If Upwork is going to experience these delays going forward, then fine, communicate it with us and we know not to get upset unless payment hasn't been received a day later. We know not to expect payment until Wednesday rather than Tuesday at 8pm EST. 

Also, have you ever lived paycheck to paycheck before? Had to wait to purchase groceries until the money hits your account? Had to wait to refill a prescription? Some people do (fortunately I don't) and if their pay always comes in around a certain time and day, naturally they expect it'll be there then every week. When it's not, naturally they get upset and they panic because they need food, they need medicines, and usually they can purchase those but for whatever reason, they can't this week because funds have suddenly been delayed.

l-silvja
Community Member

I didn't receive it either. Its been days. Why? Today i made a withdrawal from upwork to my PayPal account and still nothing?

Hi Silvja,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I withdrew my money from Upwork website to my PayPal account and until now I can't see any transaction

Hi Ibrahim,

It looks like you already created this support ticket regarding your transaction. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have withdrawed money last June 5, 2021, and I still haven't seen my money on PayPal. And the money on my Upwork was already deducted. In my reports the money was already in my Transaction History. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Shalom,

Thank you for your message. 

I am sorry to hear that you have still not received your Paypal withdrawal. I see that you have successfully initiated your withdrawal on Upwork and payment transfers are immediately in most cases to your Paypal. There may be occasions when it may take up to 24 hours. If it has been more than 24 hours, please contact PayPal to check the status. Feel free to message us if you still do not receive your funds so that we can initiate fund tracing on your account.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, it's been more than a month since I withdrawed money in Upwork to Paypal. And I still haven't seen money on my Paypal account, and the money has already been deducted in my Upwork. 

Hi Shalom,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sv3nsk
Community Member

Hello Avery, the same happened to me, its been 3 hours and no founds in my Paypal Account. could you please request the team to issue a trace for me? thanks.

sweetyme
Community Member

Hi Ryan,

I withraw my money from upwork and til now doesnt receive it in my paypal account, need quick response pls...

35d096ef
Community Member

I made a transfer to my PayPal from Upwork last January 5th. However, I have encountered an issue with my PayPal account, as it is currently unable to receive funds. I would like to know the process and time frame for the reversal of the funds I transferred back in January 5. How can I be informed about this transaction?

Hi Roxanne,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths