Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive my money in paypal

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 15

@Scott B wrote:

Just found my withdraw had been returned to my Upwork account and successfully transferred to my PayPal account.

While Upwork ever tell us what happened? Can't say I would recommend Upwork when I have problems getting paid on time.

So, with how much of the well over $ 100 k you've withdrawn did you have "problems getting paid on time?"

I understand that it is irritating but quite frankly when $ 100 k freelancer can not buy food a couple of hours after a withdrawal it speaks more to a lack of financial planning than a complete platform failure...

mcanever
Michelle C Member Since: Oct 1, 2017
12 of 15

It doesn't matter how Scott manages his money--more important is that Upwork communicates with us about these delays and lets us know whether to expect them going forward or not. I've been withdrawing from Upwork for years and typically, PayPal withdrawals are processed within minutes. Yesterday is the first time I heard "up to 24 hours" mentioned.

I've had pay delayed by Upwork 3 times in the last 6 months (first due to needing to verify my profile, despite me being a member since 2011 and having a fully verified profile, second due to sending pay to an old bank account automatically, then last night's snafu) and considering the fees I pay (20% on new projects, 10/5% on an existing one) I find that unacceptable. 

If we're used to getting payments within minutes, then naturally we're going to freak out when delays happen, especially if we are told "contact support if you don't receive payment within 24 hours". If Upwork is going to experience these delays going forward, then fine, communicate it with us and we know not to get upset unless payment hasn't been received a day later. We know not to expect payment until Wednesday rather than Tuesday at 8pm EST. 

Also, have you ever lived paycheck to paycheck before? Had to wait to purchase groceries until the money hits your account? Had to wait to refill a prescription? Some people do (fortunately I don't) and if their pay always comes in around a certain time and day, naturally they expect it'll be there then every week. When it's not, naturally they get upset and they panic because they need food, they need medicines, and usually they can purchase those but for whatever reason, they can't this week because funds have suddenly been delayed.

l-silvja
Silvja A Member Since: Jan 26, 2021
13 of 15
I didn't receive it either. Its been days. Why? Today i made a withdrawal from upwork to my PayPal account and still nothing?
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
14 of 15

Hi Silvja,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

Untitled
sweetyme
Aida D Member Since: Dec 23, 2016
15 of 15

Hi Ryan,

I withraw my money from upwork and til now doesnt receive it in my paypal account, need quick response pls...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS