🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I didn't receive the payment! The contrac...
Page options
franzitaz
Community Member

I didn't receive the payment! The contract was completed and ended

Hello, I completed a job and my customer ended the contract, but I didn't receive the payment. I thought that I would receive the payment if he has ended the contract. That contract week/hour.

The payment is still as "Working in Progress". It should be in "Review" or "Pending", right?

Please, how he can release my payment?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Francielle Z wrote:

So Sunday night the customer will receive automatically the review, and after, the customer has 5 days to accept there the review that he received, I understand correctly?

The client has 5 days to review your hours. If the client does nothing, it is automatically accepted. The client does not need to do anything. You don't have to do anything either.

I've never had a client question my hours, and I have over 14 000 of them. Just wait and on the 26th you can withdraw.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
petra_r
Community Member

Francielle Z wrote:

Hello, I completed a job and my customer ended the contract, but I didn't receive the payment. I thought that I would receive the payment if he has ended the contract. That contract week/hour.
Please, how he can release my payment?

You really need to familiarize yourself with the way payments work on Upwork...

Leave the client alone, if you have properly tracked / logged your hours, you get paid automatically. There is no such thing as "releasing the payment"

Take a look at your Reports Overview page. See your money there?

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

Ok Petra R.

I'm having difficulties to understand the process of weekly payment. 

I put my hours there, the customer like the job and ended the contract. Great!

But I need help to know from Upwork how and when I will get paid. Because there still appearing as "Working in Progress". I send a message to the customer because I don't know if he need to release something there or I need to wait...

I just know that the contract was ended but nothing changed. 

I saw this image in another post, but unfortunately, it's not resolving my problem =( . In my page don't have a button about "Submit work and request payment". 

What I need to do? Thank you

Review Petra's diagram again and follow along "hourly contracts".  If the contract just ended and the hours were logged in this week (for example), next week the client reviews the hours and you will be paid the week following. 

Read more about it here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060918-Manage-How-You-Get-Paid

Francielle Z wrote:

I saw this image in another post, but unfortunately, it's not resolving my problem =( . In my page don't have a button about "Submit work and request payment". 

Screenshot at Feb 12 17-14-55.png

Your Reports Overview Page has little question marks. Click on them. They explain in detail how things work.

There is also a handy link called "When will I get paid" Click on that.

Hours logged this week are invoiced next Monday, followed by the 5 day Review Period followed by the 5 day Security hold. So the funds for all hours logged this week will be available on Wednesday the 26th of February

Read more about it here

Oh, I saw now.
"They will be automatically sent to the client for review Sunday night UTC (the close of the workweek)."

So Sunday night the customer will receive automatically the review, and after, the customer has 5 days to accept there the review that he received, I understand correctly?

So, I will await. If I have any problem I will ask help again for you guys.

Thank you so much for the help so far!

Francielle Z wrote:

The client has 5 days to review your hours. If the client does nothing, it is automatically accepted. The client does not need to do anything. You don't have to do anything either.

I've never had a client question my hours, and I have over 14 000 of them. Just wait and on the 26th you can withdraw.

Oohh right!
Thank you so much Petra 👏

Hope you are well. 

The buyer has ended the contract but I'm not getting my payment. any solution please let me know. Thank you

re: "The buyer has ended the contract but I'm getting my payment. any solution please let me know. "

Salahu:
If the buyer ended the contract and you are getting your payment, then that does not seem like a problem at all. That is how Upwork is supposed to work.

Did you mean to say that the buyer ended the contract but you are NOT getting your payment?

There are two possibilities?

a) You actually ARE getting your payment, but you just didn't realize it.

b) You made a mistake in how you used Upwork.

It is important for you to learn more about Upwork so that you know which of these (a) or (b) has happened. But either way, it is your fault, and nobody else's.

First, let's see if the situation is (a).

Go here:

Upwork -> Reports -> Overview

Do you see your money there?

If the contract has ended, but you see your money there, then your money is probably working its way toward you. You just didn't notice it yet. Money goes through four boxes or steps. You may need to wait for the money to go through more steps before you can withdraw it.

If you don't see your money there, then tell us more about what happened, so we can figure out what you did wrong. Start by telling us if this is a fixed-price or hourly contract.

Please you can check the attachment. The order is completed but I'm not able to see my payment. Please you can check the attachments and let me know the solution. Waiting for your reply. Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Salahu,

I would like to clarify that your client canceled the contract and the funds were not released from Escrow. Your client can issue the payment as a bonus payment at any time or hire you on a new contract so that you're paid. 
If they need help with this, let me know here and our team can reach out to your client directly to assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

THanks for your support. THe problem has been solved. THANKS AGIAN

my client did payment on sunday but its third day that i didn't get it

Hi Aneeza,

When you're working on hourly contracts your clients are billed every Monday for the hours you have worked in the previous week. To view in what stage your funds are, go to Reports > Overview.
To learn more about how you're getting paid on hourly contracts, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths