🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I didn't track my working hour in the hourly-...
Page options
nhszeto
Community Member

I didn't track my working hour in the hourly-based contract

Hi Community, 

I'm a new upwork user here, I have started my contract for a week, that's a hourly-based contract. On the first few days, I didn't track any hours after the end of each day, my client said he would note the total hours I had worked for. And now he need me to track my hours, I don't really know how to track it. Do I need to download the Upwork destop app to record everything I have done on each day or I simply add in manual after working? And the manual time record seems cannot record future time and cannot track back the time of the day before. Besides, how can I get paid on last 7 days? Because by now, I still have zero hours on my working diary. 

Thank you for getting attention, your replied is truly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ngo,

When you`re hired on hourly contracts you will need to track your time with our Desktop app so that your clients are billed for the hours you`ve worked. 

Regarding manual time, you can add manual hours but only for this week. Since the previous week has ended you will not be able to edit your Work Diary. To learn more about adding manual time, check out this Help Article

Please keep in mind that manual time is not protected under our Upwork Hourly Protection. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can I still get paid if I didn't have track my time via Upwork time tracking app?
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ngo,

Yes you can still get paid by adding manual time or by receiving a bonus payment. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths