Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not seem to appear in search results to find freelancers

Highlighted
Purti U Member Since: Jun 29, 2017
1 of 8

Hello

I am unable to view my name seperately in the Freelancer search results. However, my name appears under my Agency name "**Edited for Community Guidelines**".

I suppose, there should be an individual profile too when my name is searched.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 8

Hi Purti,

The reasons why you appear under your agency is because you have listed your agency as the default team on your freelancers profile.
You will need to change this so that your own profile is showed in search results and not your agency. To do this go to Settings > My Teams > Click Change Default Team. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 8

Thanks Goran..!

However, even after making the necessary changes, the problem still persists.

Is there anything else I need to do from my end?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
4 of 8

Hi Purti,

I just searched for your name with a client account and was able to locate your own profile:
Capture.PNG

Please keep in mind that clients have different search results when they are searching for freelancers.
If further help is needed let me know, thank you.

Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
5 of 8

Solved

Thank you!

Highlighted
Nida Z Member Since: Jan 24, 2017
6 of 8

HI Purti,

I was going through your older post and I have the same problem. When I access my public profile through my profile link "https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01cd73c3cbd531849b/", it is appearng. However, when I tryto search my name "Nida" in Freelancers search option, I don't see my profile appearing there.

Could you please tell me how did you manage to fix this?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
7 of 8
Hi Nida,

Our search is based on several factors that are continuing to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for search order, and those rules are likely to change so any specific advice that we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer a mainly static search, meaning it stays the same all the time. A contractor's search position is likely to ebb-and-flow depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors.

Some good principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:

• Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile
I just searched your name using a client account and was able to find your profile. 

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
8 of 8
Hi Nida

The reasons why you appear under your agency is because you have listed your agency as the default team on your freelancers profile.

Just change settings in your agency profile and don’t show agency as your default team
To do this go to Settings > My Teams > Click Change Default Team
Thenafter check your profile after 24 hours

This will surely resolve your problem
Hope this helps
Thank you!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS