🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I don't get any Invitation though i am a TopR...
Page options
arefinshuv0
Community Member

I don't get any Invitation though i am a TopRated Freelancer since May 2020.

Hello Senior Upworkers,

I have some serious concerns that I am having for some time. I work on Upwork for almost 1 year. In this 1 year, I have earned a name among other senior and experienced old freelancers. I have got a TOP RATED Badge. I have completed 77 Jobs with 95% of JSS.

Question #1: But I don't get any invitation. what is wrong with me or with my profile? I already changed 2 times my whole profile information, but still no invitation. Can you guys give me some suggestions so that my profile can appear on the Upwork search engine most of the time?

This question is with skill sections. In Upwork, I have a total of 3 Skill Sections, (1 for All work, 2 For Specialized Work)

Question #2: What should I put into the skills sections? The work or things I do, or the software/programs I use? 
I have seen a lot of profiles, they use whatever they like. Some Photographer uses Photoshop as their skill, and others use Photo Editing/background Remove/Retouch as their skill.

What is the most appropriate?

3 REPLIES 3
mana_07
Community Member

I am facing the same issue. I am not top rated yet but my JSS is 95% and whenever my JSS score is above 90% i stopped getting replies on my proposals and i dont get invitations too. Its really strange and depressing too.

It means the more score you get the less jobs u get. So its better not to be top rated on upwork.

Hi Sukhjinder,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles
to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork
grimesr
Community Member

A few suggestions, might not the only -

First, just because you may have the most perfect profile doesn't guarantee ANYONE will ever give you an invitation. There are just too many freelancers with the same qualifications.

Second, put forth the reason why you should be hired at the very beginning. Who wants to read through to page 2???

Make the beginning impactful. Tell how you helped clients, not what you can do for clients. Give specifics, like cost savings, manpower savings, increased revenues... Every freelancer is GREAT, show how you helped clients succede.

I would take out all the testimonials and highly ranked statements. Just looking at  your profile should tell that, seems a bit redundant to me.

Instead of waiting for invitations, submit some proposals. You are in control if you submit, you are not if you wait for the invitation to come.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members