cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I don't get hired after becoming Top Rated.

Highlighted
Community Leader
David D Member Since: Jun 8, 2016
11 of 16

I had the opposite experience, so it's probably just a fluke. 

Also, the holidays are coming up and a lot of companies/clients slow down a bit. Just one of those things. Keep looking and applying. You'll get there. 

Highlighted
Faraz A Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
12 of 16

I am having the same issue, I've been top rated for more than a year and my hiring ratio has dropped below average. I write customized proposals for each of the jobs which take lots of time and effort but to no effect. 

I was doing pretty well on Elance before I was forced to join UpWork. Things haven't been the same since.

In my experience, Top Rated badge is not an improvement at all, It does not help in securing jobs in any way. If anything, it has been counter-effective for me. It resulted in fewer invitations from clients. I am utterly disappointed. Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
13 of 16

Everyone who thinks top rated badge causes fewer invitations or contracts needs a lesson in logic. If a rooster crows and then the sun rises, that does not mean the rooster causes the sunrise. In the case of the top rated badge and fewer invitations or hires, it’s probably coincidence.

Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
14 of 16

Weirdly, a lot of freelancers have reported this experience. It doesn't seem to last, so you should probably just ignore it and keep moving.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
15 of 16
I have to admit, while I was hiring I was going with logic "Ok, they have 2000+ hours worked. Surely they get lots of opportunity. Let's try giving a chance to newbies instead."
I'm not saying this is a rule, but maybe others do like me. Which is no good anyway for me because I'm in those 2000+.
Hermann M Member Since: Jul 8, 2018
16 of 16

Join the club - got top rated a coupple of months ago and while I was getting jobs all the time before since I got top rated (am at 100%) I send out some 60 individual applications and just got one smallish job. Mind you, 98% of those jobs I applied for have not hired anyone and from 99% of those there is no reply what so ever, even on invitations and jobs from the Upwork talent scout No Joy

I have no idea what is going on all I see is that all jobs get spammed with 50+ applications which nay be the cause. If I was looking for a freelancer and had my email account spammed like that I would also go elsewhere 

When applying I avoid those "average hourly rate $3.99" and other rediculous offers

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS