🐈 Community
codylex

I don't really understand Upwork

Can you imagine, I started Upwork just newly, and I got a rising talent badge, now this morning I got a message from Upwork that my rising talent badge has been removed, just because I stopped applying for jobs.

What I don't understand is, why should my rising talent badge be removed just because I stopped applying for jobs. I have 3 jobs in progress, and these jobs are a lot to handle, then why should I be applying for more jobs?

Please return my rising talent badge Upwork, I stopped applying for jobs because I have three in progress, I can't have more than three,

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders

Don't get too worked up about it. There's an algorithm, and it includes your proposals. If you're too busy to take on new work, then the badge would be of no use to you, anyway--its only value is as a marketing tool. And, rising talent only lasts until you have feedback on something like five jobs and received your Job Success Score.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tlsanders

Don't get too worked up about it. There's an algorithm, and it includes your proposals. If you're too busy to take on new work, then the badge would be of no use to you, anyway--its only value is as a marketing tool. And, rising talent only lasts until you have feedback on something like five jobs and received your Job Success Score.

You are right, I won't bother about that.

Isn't tomorrow jss day? everyone gets to poop bricks in the morning

@Jennifer M wrote:

Isn't tomorrow jss day? everyone gets to poop bricks in the morning

Is it, already? That seems to roll around a lot more often than every two weeks. 

Can't remember if it was last week or it's tomorrow. Usually, the lost RS badge posts come out the day before jss update.

karinskold

Its hard to understand.

I also find it hard to understand why the score could drop dramaticly quick..but the raise it again is almost not possible even if you think you do the right thing to make it happen.

Some things here are still confusing to me even if I have been here for years.