🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I dont receive invites or interviews
Page options
7c28bcd8
Community Member

I dont receive invites or interviews

Hi,

I am in a difficult sitution as I am unsure whether my proposals are visible to client or not,

(can I add my profile link here)

I am working in upwork for past 2 months have got around 6 reviews with 100% rating and received rising talent status few weeks back.I normally apply to 2 to 3 jobs everyday,jobs that seems fit my experince( I am a video editor with 9 years of experince outside upwork..my experince is clearly mentioned in my profile and cover letter and I normally include atleast 6 links( youtube ) of my work,on cover letter..and portfolio have around 12 videos).

It started of around 2 weeks back,I stopped receiving any interviews ,I mean even on jobs posts where the entry says less than 5 candidates(and 4 interviews already happened).Looks like I am the only person left out. Yes,normally we would think that client was unintersted in my profile(since it is client's proirity to choose whom they want to work with ).But when it happened 3-4 times,I started suspecting that my proposal is even not visible to the client and my guess is that it is invisible.Does something like that happens here?If yes how can I fix it...

I have 0 account holds so far,and I am active on upwork for almost 10 hours everyday.I am not complaining,I just like to know what is happening here..Does anyone have such experience..Or is it because I apply for job everyday,Like upwork thinks I am somekind of spammer....Is there something I am missing out..Please help me on this..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Vineeth P wrote:

None of the cases I mentioned are achieved ones,all of that is still active (only 2 weeks old ones)..

You don't know that, because proposals that are archived by the client on their side do not move into the archived proposals side on your side. Only declined ones.

Vineeth P wrote:

neither my proposals are declined(If its declined I would get a notificaion saying that my proposals is declined,right?).. my doubt is, does upwork consider me as a spammer..?

Check your archived proposals - that's where the declined or expired ones go, along with closed ones.

Your proposals are sent to clients the same as anyone else's. It's also normal that response rates go up and down.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Vineeth P wrote:

I mean even on jobs posts where the entry says less than 5 candidates(and 4 interviews already happened).Looks like I am the only person left out. ..

That's not what it means at all. It simply means that the client has already declined or archived all applicants apart from the ones they want to interview. That is very common and the only way clients can deal with the flood of proposals they receive. As soon as a proposal is declined or archived or withdrawn, it is no longer included in the proposal count

7c28bcd8
Community Member

None of the cases I mentioned are achieved ones,all of that is still active(only 2 weeks old ones)..neither my proposals are declined(If its declined I would get a notificaion saying that my proposals is declined,right?).. my doubt is, does upwork consider me as a spammer..?if its the case how can I get it fixed...or where should I contact to clear things out..

petra_r
Community Member

Vineeth P wrote:

None of the cases I mentioned are achieved ones,all of that is still active (only 2 weeks old ones)..

You don't know that, because proposals that are archived by the client on their side do not move into the archived proposals side on your side. Only declined ones.

Vineeth P wrote:

neither my proposals are declined(If its declined I would get a notificaion saying that my proposals is declined,right?).. my doubt is, does upwork consider me as a spammer..?

Check your archived proposals - that's where the declined or expired ones go, along with closed ones.

Your proposals are sent to clients the same as anyone else's. It's also normal that response rates go up and down.

e405056c
Community Member

I don't receive invites or interviews,why can you tell me reason?

Talha A wrote:

I don't receive invites or interviews,why can you tell me reason?

They have already given you reasons. 

Upwork, yet another one lying for the collection?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members