🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I feel I’m being ghosted!
Page options
pooya_pnd
Community Member

I feel I’m being ghosted!

Hey everyone,
this is my first time posting here, maybe because I actually need someone to finally answer my letters (lol). I’ve been applying jobs non-stop during the past two month, and I’m getting almost NO replies! I’m saying “almost” since there has been 1-2 replies but they were dull. I’m a top rated with 95% JSR, my rates are fair aswell, but I’m literally being ghosted. I’ve spent hundreds of connects applying jobs, yet nothing is happening! I need help, I need to know what’s wrong with my profile or the way I apply to the jobs since this ain’t normal!

Thx
5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

There is no such thing as "ghosting" on Upwork.

So, by definition, you are not being ghosted.

ghosting:

When a person cuts off all communication with their friends or the person they're dating, with zero warning or notice before hand.

I can assure you, this is NOT what is happening to you on Upwork.

dynastydyer
Community Member

Looking at your profile, I feel like your description contradicts yourself. Are you an architect with seven years of experience or a student? Also, if you have seven years of experience, why is your profile so sparse? I'd be suspicious of that right out the gate.

Also, don't say "big projects." Give us some details. What kind of things have you done? How well did it work?

lucioric
Community Member

Applying to the jobs is an art. You should make the clients feel that you read all the proposal, and understand the job they want done. The application should be personalixed, including if possible the name of the hirer. Ej. Dear Thomas....

c63ea194
Community Member

Pooya P wrote:
Hey everyone,
this is my first time posting here, maybe because I actually need someone to finally answer my letters (lol). I’ve been applying jobs non-stop during the past two month, and I’m getting almost NO replies! I’m saying “almost” since there has been 1-2 replies but they were dull. I’m a top rated with 95% JSR, my rates are fair aswell, but I’m literally being ghosted. I’ve spent hundreds of connects applying jobs, yet nothing is happening! I need help, I need to know what’s wrong with my profile or the way I apply to the jobs since this ain’t normal!

Thx

Your profile description is only 4 lines. It' actually a header, not a description. It's like a book with a title only and no summary.  Would you buy a book with no summary?

tlbp
Community Member

You aren't being ghosted. You're being ignored. 

Clients seldom respond to every applicant. 

Pay attention to your success ratios. If you are spending far more to make contact with potential clients that you are earning, then you may need to adjust your strategy. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths