🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I forgot my Email and Password
Page options
tusheroht
Community Member

Forgot Password and Security Answer

hi,

i had forgot my original accounts password and security answer. so, i can't reseting password. now, how can i access my original account?

please help me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
knwlzahid
Community Member

On the login page, choose the option reset password. see this link:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067518-Change-Password. 

Kanwal

View solution in original post

305 REPLIES 305

Thanks a bundle. 

Hi,

The account on the below link is belongs to me but unfortunately I forgot the e-mail address and my password. Therefore I can't log in to that account.

Can you help me to have it back?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011ae7c51995d60842

Thanks.

B.

Hi B,

We'll have one of our customer support agent reach out to assist you via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I have lost access to my verified upwork account, its associated email address and passwords for both. I can provide the email address for my upwork account i can not access to the authorized upwork support agent who responds to this request. I created a new upwork profile specifically to ask for this recovery. Thank you for any help.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Please share your Upwork email or userID via PM so I can assist you further. You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey, thank you for getting back to me. The account I lost access to is:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Robert,

Thanks for sharing your email. A member of our customer support team will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further. We would also like to request that once you have access to your old account, please close this account that you use to post in the community. You are only allowed to have one Upwork account and having a duplicate account is a violation to Upwork ToS. Thanks again!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Ok thank you and yes, I just created this second account for recovery
communication only and will delete it after I get this sorted. I look
forward to hearing from your team. Thanks again for you help.
5f438e0d
Community Member

Hi, 

HI, I forgot the email and password I was using for freelancing and created this account to request customer service. Is there a way for a member of the customer service team to reach out to me directly and assist me in accessing and deleting my old account?

Thanks!

James

Hi James, 

I'd be happy to assist you with your concern. Please send me a PM by clicking on my name and kindly provide your Upwork email or userID so I can check. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
f535647e
Community Member

Hello,
i have lost access to my account, i am a client ,i forgot my email and password 

Any help please

Hi Nadia,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello again

still none get back to me 

its really urgent matter 

Hi Nadia,

You have already created a ticket to our Customer Support from your original account. Our team will assist you further directly on your ticket, when an update is posted you will receive an email notification as well. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

the problem is i cant access even to the email linked to my original account 

Thank you for the follow up Nadia,

Our team will reach out to you on your new account and assist you further with regaining your access.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello again

i am still waiting and none tried to contact me to help me regain access to my account  !!!

Hi Nadia,

Our team will resend your ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hello 

Follow up on my request again, i have been waiting for 2 days and still no updates!!!

Yes i am having the same issue i cant remember the email, but I'm pretty sure the username is

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Mason,

Please follow the steps shared in this help article to reset your password/security. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
197bbf2a
Community Member

Hi,

Sadly, I forgot the e-mail/Upwork address and my password both. Therefore I can't log in to that account.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017708cd0196092afb

As I remember as My old Gmail is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, but I am not sure.

Can you please help?

Thanks!

Hi Aleksandr,

I would like to confirm that the email address is correct. You can follow the steps in our guide Here on how to reset your password. Once you have accessed your original account I would recommend to close your new account.
If further help is needed, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Well, I saw that article but Unfortunately, I have forgotten my email
password. This means I am not able to log in to my old email as well as
restore. I am not sure that email address is correct... Are there anythings other help?

Well, I saw that article but Unfortunately, I have forgotten my old email password. This means I am not able to log in to my old email as well as restore. Are there anythings other help?

Hi Aleksandr,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email on your current account and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

It didn't fix yet, and there are no updates. Can you please check out?

Thanks!

Hi Aleksandr,

I've shared your concern with the team and they've just followed up with you through your support ticket. Kindly refer to it so that they can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

HI, I forgot my email and password for which i was using as freelancing. 

Username: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Profile link: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Im not being able to logged-in this profile as i forgot email and password. Could you please help me out in this regard so i continue my work.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ali,

I checked and it seems that the team is already assisting you on this support ticket. Please refer to the ticket and follow up with the team in case you have any questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Ali,

This issue can only be resolved by bringing it to the notice of the Upwork team and they are already working on it. Hope the issue will be   resolved very soon.

Best of luck.

Thanks

https://www.coupongot.com/

Good day! 

Pls help me as well, I forgot my Email and Password as a client here in upwork. 

Pls email me as soon as possible. 

Thank you so much!

Hi Chris,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have a similiar issue, where I cannot use my phone number cause its already in use, probably from an old email?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mason.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Andrea, I have this exact same issue! please help!

Dear Upwork Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek your assistance regarding an issue I am currently facing with my Upwork account, which is connected to my lost Gmail account.

Unfortunately, I have lost access to my Gmail account associated with my Upwork profile due to unforeseen circumstances. Despite my best efforts, I have been unable to recover the account or regain access to it. As a result, I am unable to log into my Upwork account as well, since it was linked to the same email address.

I understand the significance of maintaining account security and would greatly appreciate any guidance or support from the community in helping me resolve this issue. Specifically, I am seeking advice on how to reconnect my previous Upwork account, which contained my work history and earnings, to a new Gmail account that I have created.

I am open to providing any necessary documentation to verify my identity and ownership of the Upwork account. I have copies of my PAN card, Aadhar card, and a recent photograph available for reference.

I understand that resolving such matters may take time and would be grateful for your patience and understanding. If any community members have faced a similar situation or have any insights or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your input.

I would like to express my gratitude for your attention and support in helping me regain access to my Upwork account. Upwork has been an essential platform in my professional journey, and I am committed to continuing my collaboration on the platform.

Thank you all for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Farukh Khan

Hi Farukh,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I also forgot my email and password I used in my account. I did reformat my computer and I lost it all. How can I retrieve my account? I have an active job over there as well. Used this inactive account just to try and reach out to you guys. Please help. 

Hi Zeek,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address fo the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths