🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I gave the job to the client and he doesn't w...
Page options
skaladosarq
Community Member

I gave the job to the client and he doesn't want to pay me

I have an active contract, the client divided it into different milestones and gave them the value he wanted, the files were delivered more than 7 days ago and he did not speak to me and did not want to pay me, the work was done in a 80% was 400 dollars and he paid me 100, the second milestone for 240 dollars he has not accepted and he already has all the files I made in his possession, when they were sent to him he was very grateful for the progress and the good work but I told him that he needed to make a readjustment to the price because he was being worked on more than what was contracted for in the proposal and that's when he began to tell me that all my work was of no use to him I read your instructions to make a dispute in an active contract but it does not let me do it, it seems very unfair to me that the client does not want to pay for everything that was done to him because I did more than the contract stipulated, in the chat with the client you can see all the conversations and that all the work files were sent via email because they weighed more than what upwork allowed, I appreciate your collaboration

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

You can only dispute what is in escrow, how much money is in escrow as of now?

Did you submit the work correctly using the "submit for payment" function on the contract?

NikolaS

Hi Laura,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members