🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I got a response asking me to send a sample.
Page options
ca6531c7
Community Member

I got a response asking me to send a sample.

Hi Valeria,
I must confess that upwork platform is uniquely unique when you critically assess it with other known platform.
However, as a new freelancer on the platform I discovered that after submitting my several proposals, I got a response asking me to send a sample.
I did as requested almost immediately but to my amazement no other correspondence until today. I have to follow up.
My area of concern is this, my potential client is already using my sample presumably and contract has been given to me since 19th of February 2020. She said when there is new job that she will chat me up.
Kindly guide new freelancer on how to deal with this issue for mutual understanding on the platform.
As a new freelancer from Nigeria, do I need to have a dollar account for me to purchase connects or I can use my Naira account to do it.
Thanks for your mutual understanding.
Yours Sincerely,
Olufemi.

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Olufemi,

Just to clarify, does your clients are asking you for a sample of free work? Please keep in mind that asking for free work is a violation of our TOS. If you`re asked about this you can report them directly to us (Moderators) via PM, or by flagging the job post.

Regarding connects. this will depend on your location but all freelancers can purchase connects with a prepaid card or a credit card. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members