Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got less number of connects why?

waqasmustafa786
Wikal M Member Since: Mar 27, 2016
1 of 2

Hi,

I upgraded my freelancer account to monthly membership plane $10/Month

I saw there 70 connects per month but they give just 52 connects why? please tell me the reason. Thanks

Best Regards Waqas

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 2

Because you upgraded during a current billing cycle, so the upgraded number is pro-rata

It's explained in detail here:

Upgrade Proration

At upgrade you'll receive a prorated number of Connects. To prorate means to allocate something based on another value, usually a unit of time.

Upwork change your billing cycle date when you upgrade, so proration is based on how many days into your Basic plan's billing cycle you were at upgrade. By prorating your Connects Upwork can ensure you always get a fair allotment no matter when you upgrade.

When you upgrade, you keep the Connects you already have and Upwork add on the Plus plan upgrade amount (10 for freelancers or 20 for agencies). Upwork then also give you credit for the days of billing cycle that have passed since your Connects were last refilled.

Connects balance at upgrade

Difference between Basic & Plus

+ 10

Days into billing cycle

Prorated Connects (days x 2)

+ 50

Total after upgrade

= 105

Upwork only prorate the first month's Connects at upgrade. Moving forward, you'll receive your full allotment (that's 70 for Plus plan freelancers) every month on your billing cycle date. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS