cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I got scammed for the first time in 4 years .

Highlighted
Community Leader
Julie J Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
11 of 15

In your example, before I ever agreed to this job I would have checked to see how many boat charters I could find in a quick check of Pescara.

This way I would know before agreeing to the job that there were not that many and if you still wanted the job you could have told the client before he hired you that you doubt you could find the amount he wanted and did he still want to hire you to find as many as you could?

You didn't do your homework before applying to the job.

Highlighted
Minthant T Member Since: Nov 5, 2016
12 of 15

So, it is still my fault . haha 
You are right but do you think he has the right to say like this when his expectations are impossible (to find out the number of affiliate programs like you said before applying, it will take the same time as you are working) 
Here is exactly what he said after I asked him feedback on my work , I was already thinking to discuss about partial payment if he replied me a little bit better for not meeting his expectation. This message made me angry. 

"Hi Minthant,

Before I say anything about your work, I want to say you seem like a good person and have good communication skills.

Also, I think you can see from my reviews that I am fair and honest. I do not expect "the best job ever" each time but I must say, this is NOT GOOD!

It is:
NOT COMPLETE
UNORGANIZED
NOT GIVEN ANY CARE AND ATTENTION
TOTAL CRAP!

ANYONE could have gone to the common affiliate sites you went to and pulled off the top crap per segment!

This is crap, worse than crap.

It seems like you subbed this out to someone else who did a bad job!

I have never been this unhappy with a contractor here on upwork.

For $75 I expected a much better job. This is Fiverr equivalent!

Sorry.
***** "

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 15

Minthant:

Regardless of any mistakes you made, I want to make something clear:

This was a bad client.

His behavior was unprofessional and unethical.

That doesn't excuse any mistakes on your part.

But nor do mistakes made by a freelancer excuse bad behavior by a client.

The higher standard, however, must be maintained by freelancers. Because we represent Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Valerio S Member Since: Oct 13, 2017
14 of 15

Preston H wrote:

The higher standard, however, must be maintained by freelancers. Because we represent Upwork.

No, we do not represent Upwork, we represent ourselves and that's the only reason to maintain high standards.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 15

re: "No, we do not represent Upwork, we represent ourselves..."

In the eyes of clients, Upwork freelancers represent Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS