cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got terribly scammed!!

Sadia A Member Since: Apr 5, 2014
1 of 7
I worked hard for 15 days, day in and day out. The offer made was $1 per 100 words, and since that pay was high, I did not have much questions. But, the pay which was intended to come after two weeks,did not show its face. The biggest mistake: 'I agreed to work outside odesk'. I will warn you, a person named **, dealt dealings on hangout, and was so damn convincing. She wasn't satisfied with unique articles, but also checked into every detail of it. She never let her guard down. The master con, you would never have judged with the way she chatted or contacted. And I was a fool, to believe the high rates and the outside odesk contract. I did flag the job offers. And I request my fellow odeskers and the admin to make note of these scams. *"Removed by admin"
Colette C Member Since: Feb 17, 2007
2 of 7
It's against oDesk terms to 'I agreed to work outside odesk'. If you had used the system properly, you probably wouldn't have gotten scammed.
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
3 of 7
"Just shaking my head"
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
4 of 7
"since that pay was high" that is not high pay, sorry to inform you. "'I agreed to work outside odesk" you were scamming oDesk, and got scammed in the process. Karma. Expect your account to be suspended.
Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
5 of 7
In Italy we say "Chi la fa, l'aspetti". It basically means that if you're a scammer, then you should be expecting to be scammed in return. Or, as Heather already pointed out, you can simply call it "karma".
“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
6 of 7
You think $1.00 per 100 words is high? I don't care if you're in India, are you out of your mind? This is just ONE of the reasons why this platform is so screwed up now, such cheap work. I'm left speechless, really. And the fact you chose to ignore the policy and work outside Odesk, you got what you deserved, just to be honest and leave it civil. You deserve your account banned, period.
Susan M Member Since: May 25, 2011
7 of 7
I agree completely with Misty and the others! My jaw is still on the floor as I thought your post was a joke....it's people like you who feel $1 an hour is high that have created such an influx of crappy, low paying jobs being posted. And to admit you worked outside of Odesk clearly shows you did zero homework when you signed up. You will get no sympathy here for being so uninformed and contributing to a lack of quality jobs now being posted.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS