🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I got this contract for a job but i think is ...
Page options
0ab2c086
Community Member

I got this contract for a job but i think is another scam

Hello, i got a job today and after asking over and over again, they send me this contract 

But when they send me the projects to choose one all of them have a registration fee:

Why I keep getting scammed over and over again

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

They target new freelancers who's profiles indicate that they might not be very well aware how everything works, for example that telling someone they are hired does not equal being hired on upwork. If you know the ToS, you are scammer-proof. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

They target new freelancers who's profiles indicate that they might not be very well aware how everything works, for example that telling someone they are hired does not equal being hired on upwork. If you know the ToS, you are scammer-proof. 

0ab2c086
Community Member

I got scammed before, i worked with people without contract, and now i asked for the contract as a first thing over and over again and they send me this . And they did not want to talk using upwork they send me a telegram link .

Salma T wrote:

I got scammed before, i worked with people without contract, and now i asked for the contract as a first thing over and over again and they send me this . 

This is not the type of contract that confirms you are hired. To confirm you have been hired, the client needs to send you an offer (hourly or fixed price). Once you accept, you will see your contract here in your profile My Jobs (upwork.com)

Do not start working until you see an active contract in your profile.

report these profiles to Upwork and always apply on verified payment method clients check client reviews and countries.

Yes, typical scammer procedure. Maybe they didn't even have something prepared, so at least you wasted their time, too. 

You don't ask for a contract, BTW. Contracts is something that scammers typically use, but are very rare on upwork. A client sends an offer, a freelancer accepts, and that constitutes a legally binding contract. Nothing is done or necessary outside of that, nothing is signed or sent back and forth. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members