cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had mistakenly two accounts? how can I delete one?

Highlighted
Abdul W Member Since: Aug 10, 2015
1 of 6

Hi upwork community, 

I had created two accounts mistakenly, the one I forgot actually which was a few years ago, but recently I got access to that because upwork asked me for "forgot password" option and they sent me the reset password link, before this option was not working for me. Now I just want to delete one account, because this is against upwork policy. 

Again I'll mention that I mistakenly had done this, it was never my intention. Please let me know if there is any help I can delete the one account and just keep the one for usage. Thanks! 

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Get onto customer support and be open, honest and cooperative with them...and the sooner the better.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6

Abdul, before you contact Customer Service, spend some time to think of the very worst, most horrible, most egregious thing you did on Upwork related to having two accounts.

Whatever the WORST thing is that you can think of, lead with that. That should be your first sentence when you contact Customer Support. Tell them what you did, and tell them you are very sorry.

They are not messing around with these rules. But they like contrition and TOTAL honesty. If you do that, you may find sympathy from them and they can help you eliminate the duplicate account.

But don't wait. If they find this before you contact them, they'll terminate both accounts and permanently kick you off the site.

4 of 6

Hi, 

It was not that TERROBLE, I just contacted the upwork live chat support, and told them the situation and within 5 minutes of discussion, they closed the duplicate account. 

Regards;

5 of 6

Hi Stephan, 

Thanks, I contacted them and they closed one of my accounts!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Abdul,

Stephen and Preston are correct. You need to have one of your accounts closed as soon as possible as you can't use both. Customer Support can assist you with this matter. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS