🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I hate when job offers are not explicit.
Page options
danielrune13
Community Member

I hate when job offers are not explicit.

As a 3D Artist, I need to understand what kind of art a client is asking for in his job offer. Because every artist has an art-style and needs to understand if his art-style fits the work. If you're an artist, I'm sure you understand.

Nothing is more annoying then finding a job offer saying "I need someone to draw something". What exactly?? A person? A building? A peanut? does it have to be realistic? cartoonish? can you send image references of similar styles? Meanwhile, you decide to not send a job proposal, because you don't want to lose connects on a job offer that you don't even understand. And meanwhile, you could be losing an opportunity to do a job that is perfect for you (who knows, right?).

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Do you guys understand why I'm annoyed? I think I've ignored dozens of 3d artist job offers that I found, just because they weren't explicit with the style they wanted. Because I want my connects to be well wasted. I'm sure all of this applies to other areas outside of art.

Just take a look at the attached image and tell me: If your job was (or is) related to web work, wouldn't you be annoyed with this job offer?

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Daniel,

I understand your frustration with this and would like to confirm that we always encourage clients to include as many details as possible in their job posts. 
However, thank you for your feedback as well, I will share it with our team. 

Lastly, I would like to clarify that I removed your screenshots because private details were captured. Please keep in mind that posting private details in our Community is not allowed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members