🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have a client who isn't releasing my paymen...
Page options
zarishi
Community Member

I have a client who isn't releasing my payments.

The project was of 100$ then we agreed to 120$. The 1st milestone was of 80$ and instead she paid me 40$ and now keeps asking me more and more questions about testing my work and not paying my due. One milestone which i have submitted is of 20$ however she owes me 80. I have requested the changes but I dont understand what to do next.  

I have submitted files required for the whole job.

I want to know what will happen if i end this contract right now and how do i file a dispute?

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Zarish,

From the screenshot you shared, it looks like you recently submitted your work to the client. The client has 14 days from the most recent submission on a milestone to review and approve or request changes. Approval releases the payment from escrow to you. If your client doesn't respond to any milestone submission within 14 days, the deposit will be automatically released to you. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
qasim_mughal100
Community Member

if he does not approve himself then you will have the payment in 14 days but if he rejects then you need to request it again. Thankyou.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members