🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have a finished a project but about Retypin...
Page options
goldfish888
Community Member

I have a finished a project but about Retyping from PDF to Word. I never knew that my work project

I have a finished a project but about Retyping from PDF to Word.  I never knew that my work project is no longer in my Upwork Dashboard. The client in the names of Nonimi Hapuarachchi, his secretary Donald Ashley and Rose Williams together with the representative from their Company payment Portal communicated me via Telegram. I completed and submitted the project/task already. They are not going to pay me unless I purchase a premium ID card from them. I need help. I have worked hard for that project with sleepless nights. I want my pay for the services I have rendered. Please help me!

8 REPLIES 8
elisa_b
Community Member

There was never a job in the first place. That was a scam, you will never see that money. 

Please read carefully the Academy resources to avoid being scammed again.

8877dc0d
Community Member

I'm sorry my friend, but I don't believe anything can be done about transactions conducted outside of Upwork. I would advise you to be more careful in the future and avoid straying from Upwork resources. ðŸ˜”

27f54782
Community Member

Hi, I am also dealing with someone named Rose Williams through telegram as I was told to contact her through telegram. When I am trying to reply through upwork app, it says, the conversation cannot be found

You need to go to the top of the page and use the Academy to learn the rules before you are scammed or lose your account. The names don't matter, and they are fake, but what matters is that you broke one of the major rules in going outside the platform before an Upwork contract is in place. When you signed on here, you agreed to follow the Terms of Service, and you did not.

Before you even look at jobs, use the Academy. Your profile is a beacon to the scammers, because it's not complete, and shows you aren't following business or Upwork practices. Talking about being new and offering low prices says you are desperate. Clients hate desperate freelancers, and scammers love them. It's up to you to learn how to be a professional freelancer, and to avoid scams by following the rules.

elisa_b
Community Member

Telegram = scam.

How about learning and following the rules before being scammed again? 

1799e47e
Community Member

I also experienced the same thing and already paid $85 but still dont get my payment. They keep asked me to pay for some others purchase😫

If you experienced the same thing, then the same responses in this thread apply to you. You were scammed because you didn't learn how to use Upwork and you broke the rules. Click on the Academy link at the top of this page and read everything before you send any more bids.

elisa_b
Community Member

Scamming people keeps being a very lucrative business.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members