🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I have a question
Page options
weareeditmakers
Community Member

I have a question

Hi Upwork

I have a question. When I first started Upwork, I contacted 3 customers within a few weeks and did their jobs successfully. This month, I've used almost all the connections, I've only been able to contact a customer, I never use a template cover letter. Seems like any of proposal not going to clients. Is there a problem with my profile?

I am waiting for your respond, have a nice day.
Best Regards

Murat Yay

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tiffany S wrote:

As a client, that is not happening to me. Upwork IS hiding some proposals in a folder called "other" and calling them out as not relevant

Interesting. I wonder if not having a "specialized profile" in certain categories is contributing to being weeded out?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
azees
Community Member

Hi Murat,

As I can see that Upwork is highliting US candidates to clients and other profiles are automatically hidden in proposals options and not goign to clients.

tlsanders
Community Member

Asad Z wrote:

Hi Murat,

As I can see that Upwork is highliting US candidates to clients and other profiles are automatically hidden in proposals options and not goign to clients.

As a client, that is not happening to me. Upwork IS hiding some proposals in a folder called "other" and calling them out as not relevant, but I am seeing proposals from all over the world in the main section.

Tiffany S wrote:

As a client, that is not happening to me. Upwork IS hiding some proposals in a folder called "other" and calling them out as not relevant

Interesting. I wonder if not having a "specialized profile" in certain categories is contributing to being weeded out?

Hello Christina

I have a specialization profile and I am sending proposals for the right jobs. Before I started working with Upwork, I read every information about Upwork one by one.

nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Murat,

Everyone experiences highs and lows when freelancing but don't lose hope just yet! You may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Let me know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members