cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have closed my jobs, review process can't start now ?

Ace Contributor
Rahul G Member Since: Feb 6, 2015
1 of 17

I have closed my all jobs, and my profile is under review process; but I want to know that oDesk team can start my profile review right now or not ?

They have said for waiting for two weeks, but one of my earlier client is contacting me for a new job and client can start it in next few days, as it is allowed from oDesk to have jobs from earlier clients, although I can't bid for new jobs.

My question is , " What should I do ? If I'll accept new job, then I'll not be able to say oDesk team for starting review, because they want all jobs closed before starting review. "

This is going to be second review on my profile, can't it be a quick review ? I was not having any dispute from my clients, this review is probably for, I did very few projects here in the duration of last month, because I was busy with personal issues. And earlier then this month my profile was already under review process, where they approved it because I am having 4.9+ rating without any disput with any of my clients.

Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
2 of 17

Hi Rahul,

If you have received feedback on your closed contracts you may contact accountreview@odesk.com requesting follow-up review, else you need to undergo a period of 14 days for expiry of due feedback from Client.

As far as your issue with previous Client is concerned (accepting new job), this may rewind you to initial process from where you gone in review.

If I had been in your place, I shall politely ask the Client to wait for expected period.

And if Client admires this …..AAA,,,,Smiley Happy

Ace Contributor
3 of 17

Thank you Manish for your reply.

One of my client from last few jobs hasn't given his feedback yet, but I think I'll not get his feedback after two weeks also. He is probably busy somewhere. I have asked him for giving feedback, but I didn't get his response. Although he was happy with my work, but  I can't force him to give me his feedback. 

I think I should give it a try and let the oDesk team think that they can initiate review process right now or not. Hopefully, they will be supporting with me as always. 

Community Guru
4 of 17

Although he was happy with my work, but  I can't force him to give me his feedback. 

I appreciate your thinking, however in many cases, oDesk mechanism is NOT friendly on either side.

Community Guru
6 of 17

Rose, account perfomance evaluation is routine subject with oDesk now.

I don't think there is probability of escaping, i'd rather suggest to grab it and have enough enzymes to digest it.

Ace Contributor
Rose O Member Since: Feb 14, 2015
6 of 17

Hi Rahul,

Are there chances of an account under review ( temporary hold) be closed? If yes, what is the probability?  For instance, in cases where there are no ended contracts even after 14 days?

Thank you,

Rose

Ace Contributor
7 of 17

Hello Rose,

Usually, when you get notification of your oDesk profile review, it is not said that you will have to close your jobs within 14 days, you can take your time for giving satisfaction to you clients; but you cannot bid on any other project, until your profile-review completes.

Even after closing all your jobs, you are supposed to wait for 14 days for initiating review process.

And yes, there are always some chances of getting oDesk profile closed and oDesk can do it for maintaining/keeping good quality; so everyone should also maintain good quality and shouldn't do anything wrong from their sides. 

If you haven't done anything wrong and keeping your quality, then you should not be worried. Although, mistakes can be done by anyone, but we should trust on oDesk team. 

Hassan N Member Since: Feb 8, 2015
8 of 17

and what if  when would get bad client .. ? is there any filter for those ... dispute ,bad feedback is part of freelancing 

odesk is not maintaining quality odesk is cleaning freelancers bcz  overall rating is  good who are receiving warning you should send  warring’s those who got rating under 2.5

Avalon H Member Since: Mar 4, 2015
9 of 17

I HAVE ALREADY MAILED TWICE AND GOT NO ANSWER.

Hi,
My account is on “temporary hold” since 3rd February,2015. I had 46 running projects and was asked to cmplete the projects and request oDesk for review. I completed 44 of the 46 and the last contract ended on 18th February, 2015. The remaining two projects are long term contracts. Two old client of mine re hired me and those are also long term projects. So, currently I have only 4 projects and all of these are long term contracts. Long term projects of mine:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

I am starving for new projects. I can not bid on new projects, till now, only because oDesk thinks I am not capable of maintaining the quality of work, whereas none of my clients think the same way. As per your notice, I’ve managed to end 44 of my contracts, and gather some positive feedback. Please note that some regular/long-term projects (mentioned above) are still on under the clients’ request. As I completed all the remaining projects I’m requesting for review and allow me to bid again on new projects. My account has a rating of 4.92 out of 5 with 138 jobs in total and 160 hours worked. I have attached a summary of the situation so that the oDesk authority can have the actual scenario of my service. I am requesting for a review of my ID and withdraw the hold over bidding. It is about my living since I am a regular writer on oDesk. I dont want to feel like odesk is not the right solution for taking freelancing as a full time career.

Regards, Avalon

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 17

Hi Avalon,

I am happy to inform you that your account has been reviewed and restored. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS