🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have completed the project by client, howev...
Page options
owenizedd
Community Member

I have completed the project by client, however client didn't respond to my payment request for days

Hello,

So I got the project for creating website design with navbar menu responsive, mobile and web. I have build the menu for about 2 days due it's advanced menu. When I finish created the project and show it to client and requested the payment, the client didn't respond for days, the moment I write this, still no respond from the client.

What action can I take in order to get paid? I did contact the client however he didn't respond.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you submitted everything via the "Submit work and request payment" button (assuming the milestone/project was fully funded, as in the money was in escrow), the client doesn't have to respond. If they don't do anything, the funds are automatically released in 14 days.

In that case the system is working as intended. Many clients don't respond, and prefer to let the payment be released automatically. Saves them a step, and they only intervene if there's an issue with what's been submitted.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Do you have an active contract with this client and either a fully-funded milestone or time logged with the time tracker (with adequate notes and activity levels to match)?

It’s fixed price project and i have completed everything and submitted
files via payment request (i got offer of work before and i accept it) now
client does not respond

If you submitted everything via the "Submit work and request payment" button (assuming the milestone/project was fully funded, as in the money was in escrow), the client doesn't have to respond. If they don't do anything, the funds are automatically released in 14 days.

In that case the system is working as intended. Many clients don't respond, and prefer to let the payment be released automatically. Saves them a step, and they only intervene if there's an issue with what's been submitted.

Michael S wrote:

Many clients don't respond, and prefer to let the payment be released automatically. 

I've only had that happen twice in what must be many hundreds of milestons and it irritated the hell out of me both times. Yes, I know clients have 14 days, but to me it feels disrespectful.  Nice, professional clients check the work and approve it in a timely manner. 

I'd not chase such a client, because they have every right to do so, I simply won't work with them again.

If they can't be bothered to do their bit, I can't be bothered to spend my time on their projects.

Petra R wrote:

Michael S wrote:

Many clients don't respond, and prefer to let the payment be released automatically. 

Yes, I know clients have 14 days, but to me it feels disrespectful.  Nice, professional clients check the work and approve it in a timely manner. 

Well said, couldn't agree more.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members