🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have few question on tax information and ha...
Page options
kevingodhani1
Community Member

I have few question on tax information and have an issue with bank name

Hi There,

I am new to upwork and facing some issues there on adding my bank details and tax information.

1) I added my bank infirmation but I am getting following error "Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name.". I set the same name as it's on my bank and same name is on upwork as well.

2) I am non-us person and individual freelancer. I am adding the tax information where I can see the legel name of bussiness and address so may I know what should be Legal Name? I don't have any registered comapny or anything so I don't have my business name. For address should I add the same address as I am living now or the address which written on one of my goverment id?

Thanks,

Kevin

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin, 

It looks like you setup your payment method on 3-December, UTC. This will automatically go through a manual review process which will take about 24-48 hours. If there are any issues with the manual review, the team will reach out to you through an email with more information about your payment method.

For your second question, I would like to confirm that Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Please fill-in the form with your legal name, and address that matches your Upwork account. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths