🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I have found what looks like a fake profi...
Page options
ricardoreinholt
Community Member

I have found what looks like a fake profile? What to do?

Greetings,

I have tried to flag a fake profile but it dosen't seem like Upwork is responding as it is still online. The profile I have found is this one:

**Edited for community guidelines**The reason it looks suspicious is because of the earnings. The profile has one hourly contract 13 usd per hour but the earnings are 99.500 usd already. The contract started Jan 20 and the hours worked only for that month is 8.800.

How can I make sure Upwork is looking at it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Andreas H wrote:

I know. But look at the profile before you are answering in that kind of way. It is not possible to work that many hours during two weeks.

Why? Becuase because one week contains 168 hours.

Where do you see two weeks? I only see from 2015 and that is more than possible. 

ETA: And you should remove the link as it's against the community rules and regs. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
grimesr
Community Member

Not that I think it looks ok, but do notice the contract start in 2015 until now. Thus the number of hours could be possible.

yitwail
Community Member

The hourly rate can be changed during a contract:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068248-Change-Your-Contract-s-Hourly-Rate

I know. But look at the profile before you are answering in that kind of way. It is not possible to work that many hours during two weeks.

Feb 2015 - Present is almost 5 years. So by my calculation he worked less than 40 hours a week

Andreas H wrote:

Where do you see two weeks? I only see from 2015 and that is more than possible. 

ETA: And you should remove the link as it's against the community rules and regs. 

It has just changed right now. I will delete this topic.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths