🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have hired by one client for 3 weeks of con...
Page options
mandaliya-pooja
Community Member

I have hired by one client for 3 weeks of contract but now he doesn't responding to my messages

Hi,

I have hired by someone on 14 Sep 2019 and He hire me for 3 weeks per days I have to work 8 hours maximum.

But he gives me a work on 14th and 16th, till now I get only 7 hours of work by him. After 16th Sep he doesn't responding to my messages. 

How can I takle this issue. I'm new to Upwork  and this is my first contract.

How I will get Paid for my work?

Is it will affect to my job score or review?

I have submitted all task by GitLab Repository, becasue client insis me for use GitLab Repository. As well as my time entries are availble for this contact.

Please guide me for this...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pooja M wrote:

Yes, I have contact him, But he dones't reply. As well as I have used Upwork Time Tracker for the work.

In that case, nothing to solve, nothing to worry about.

If you have a contRact and you have used Time Tracker, you will be payed for the hours you've put in.

If a client has more work for you, he will reach out.
Sometimes clients are unresponsive. They are not obligated to stay in touch.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
joansands
Community Member

Did you have a contract with this person? Did you use the Upwork Time Tracker for the work you did? If so, you will get paid for the number of hours you worked. Check Reports on your profile.

Yes, I have contact him, But he dones't reply. As well as I have used Upwork Time Tracker for the work.

Pooja M wrote:

In that case, nothing to solve, nothing to worry about.

If you have a contRact and you have used Time Tracker, you will be payed for the hours you've put in.

If a client has more work for you, he will reach out.
Sometimes clients are unresponsive. They are not obligated to stay in touch.

kat303
Community Member

Pooja M wrote:

Hi,

I have hired by someone on 14 Sep 2019 and He hire me for 3 weeks per days I have to work 8 hours maximum.

But he gives me a work on 14th and 16th, till now I get only 7 hours of work by him. After 16th Sep he doesn't responding to my messages. 

How can I takle this issue. I'm new to Upwork  and this is my first contract.

How I will get Paid for my work?

Is it will affect to my job score or review?

I have submitted all task by GitLab Repository, becasue client insis me for use GitLab Repository. As well as my time entries are availble for this contact.

Please guide me for this...

---------------

It doesn't matter for how long a client wants to hire you for. Nor are you supposed to just sit and wait for work during that time period. You are free to submit proposals during that time, or work with outher clients if you have no work. Also, the contract specifies a MAXiMUM of 8 hours. That also does't mean you HAVE to work 8 hours. It means that you can not work MORE then 8 hours. The work may only involve 4 hours, or 1 hour. You have an hourly contract. you are paid for the HOURS you work, as long as you don't go over the maximum allowed. 

A client also doesn't need to respond to you unless the information you need is essential for you to have in order to complete or continue working.  This client has hired you, he knows how to get in touch with you if or when he has more work for you to do. Don't keep bothering him.

This was an hourly contract which means you are paid for the hours you worked. At this point, because you've already send the work, you do nothing. The client will be invoiced by Upwork on Monday, Then they will have 5 days to review the work, after that you'll be paid and payment will need to go through a security/holding period before actually being transferred to whatever payment transfer you set up with Upwork. 

For hourly contacts, it doesn't matter how you deliver the work to the client. 

And no it won't affect your JSS score. unless the client finds a problem with the work you delivered and gives you a negative review when they close the contract. But I wouldn't worry about that at this time. 

I'm not bothering him.

Thanks for your help

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members