🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have no option to be invited when I checked...
Page options
r_siblag
Community Member

I have no option to be invited when I checked my profile

I have been buying connects from Upwork to submit job proposals when I figured out that clients don't have an option to invite me for an interview. I feel like all my connects are waisted

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Regine S wrote:

I figured out that clients don't have an option to invite me for an interview.are waisted

Clients do. You didn't check from a client account, but a freelancer account.

invite hire.png

tlbp
Community Member

I believe that invites a rare for new to the platform freelancers. It is also my understanding that invites are used by scammers to target new freelancers. So not receiving invites as a freelancer with no history on Upwork is neither unusual nor a bad thing. 

If you feel like you are wasting connects, then you should examine this feeling more closely. Because based on the posts that I see here and on other forums, a lot of freelancers use a lot of connects and never land a gig. Can you afford to continue investing? Is there something you can do to improve your profile to increase your chances? Look at the profiles of the freelancers who are being hired for the jobs to which you've applied. Do you feel that your experience and qualifications are competitive? 

In most categories, there are many more freelancers than available gigs on Upwork. And, top-ranking freelancers often get more than one of those available jobs, leaving even fewer for others. So, be smart about how you present your profile and how  you choose to spend your money/connects. 🤔

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members