🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I have not been paid for my work
Page options
3ee82a99
Community Member

I have not been paid for my work

For a few days I have not received an answer from the person who commissioned me a job and that I did, how am I protected by upwork to receive the payment?

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Danilo D wrote:

how am I protected by upwork to receive the payment?

That depends.

Hourly or fixed rate contract?

If hourly, did you use the Upwork tracker?

If fixed rate, did you submit correctly through the contract's "Submit for Payment" function.

Go to "Reports > Overview"

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danilo,

I checked and it looks like the contract was set with only one milestone. The client will need to set and fund another milestone or send you a bonus payment. Please keep in mind that the payment protection does not apply to promised funds or unfunded milestones.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, thanks for your reply, does this mean that I will not receive the full payment? the price of the milestone that has been paid is much lower than that of the contract

it was my first job, I accepted a contract, I thought that upwork would protect me, now nothing can be done?

re: "does this mean that I will not receive the full payment? the price of the milestone that has been paid is much lower than that of the contract"

You will not receive full payment.

The "price of the contract" does not matter.

The "budget" does not matter.

Promises don't matter.

What matters is money funded in escrow. That is the only money you can get.

If the client wants to send you more money using the client-side Send Bonus tool, then he may do so. But that is his choice. That is not something that Upwork gets involved with.

Danilo D wrote:
it was my first job, I accepted a contract, I thought that upwork would protect me, now nothing can be done?

Before you accept another contract, read upwork Tos so that you KNOW how they will protect you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths