cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have not been paid for my work

3ee82a99
Danilo D Member Since: Mar 30, 2021
1 of 7

For a few days I have not received an answer from the person who commissioned me a job and that I did, how am I protected by upwork to receive the payment?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

Danilo D wrote:

how am I protected by upwork to receive the payment?

That depends.

Hourly or fixed rate contract?

If hourly, did you use the Upwork tracker?

If fixed rate, did you submit correctly through the contract's "Submit for Payment" function.

Go to "Reports > Overview"

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3 of 7

Hi Danilo,

I checked and it looks like the contract was set with only one milestone. The client will need to set and fund another milestone or send you a bonus payment. Please keep in mind that the payment protection does not apply to promised funds or unfunded milestones.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3ee82a99
4 of 7
Hi, thanks for your reply, does this mean that I will not receive the full payment? the price of the milestone that has been paid is much lower than that of the contract
3ee82a99
5 of 7
it was my first job, I accepted a contract, I thought that upwork would protect me, now nothing can be done?
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 7

re: "does this mean that I will not receive the full payment? the price of the milestone that has been paid is much lower than that of the contract"

You will not receive full payment.

The "price of the contract" does not matter.

The "budget" does not matter.

Promises don't matter.

What matters is money funded in escrow. That is the only money you can get.

If the client wants to send you more money using the client-side Send Bonus tool, then he may do so. But that is his choice. That is not something that Upwork gets involved with.

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
7 of 7

Danilo D wrote:
it was my first job, I accepted a contract, I thought that upwork would protect me, now nothing can be done?

Before you accept another contract, read upwork Tos so that you KNOW how they will protect you. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS