🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have not had invitations to work and when I...
Page options
gameromiguel
Community Member

I have not had invitations to work and when I apply no one responds

Lately I have launched work proposals and I have not had responses from employers. I still have my top -rating of Top Rated, but I still have no response. I would like to know if someone has happened to him and how to fix it. Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
williamtcooper
Community Member

Miguel,

Please make sure that you are following these TIPS:

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

William thanks for your advices. I will keep it in mind, however, I already
have my complete profile and a 100% job success. Until December I received
invitations and proposals. Today I do not receive. And when I apply, no
employer responds
It's strange because I completed the sw8 form and also my profile is
available and I have good grades without failures.
I hope everything is ok

##- Escriba su respuesta encima de esta línea -##

Miguel,

This is a more advanced post I created for various other issues. See if this helps:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/READ-Immediately-Upwork-s-Challenges-SOLVED/m-p/1237302

A lot of experienced freelancers are struggling. Too many freelancers botting proposals and others applying for every job clog the system for the clients who don't want to wade through garbage proposals to get to yours. The economy is not the same as pre-COVID, and COVID has not gone away. The workplace has changed, and so has Upwork. With no limits on freelancers or connects, there are far too many proposals for many categories. Many of us stopped receiving the usual number of invitations, which I think is due to the errors made in search engines and best matches.

You can make changes to see if something initiates invitations or landing jobs, but remember, you aren't alone. Don't limit your skills to one place. Many freelancers have found success here, but it takes a lot more proposals and connects than in the past.

I've asked this before. Are you talking about a cover letter and a proposal?

The Cover Letter and the Proposal are one in the same. Cover Letter is the term Upwork uses when one applies for a Job; not my terms. 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members