cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have not received the invitation to work

Highlighted
Michele H Member Since: Feb 27, 2016
1 of 7

I had problems to find work, I have sent several proposals but I am not receiving invitations on the part of the employers.
It will be my profile the problem , could review and give me ideas that

would improve their help

Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
2 of 7

If you send proposals like you send forum messages (copy-pasting the same message again and again), that, combined with your English level, is your problem right there.

Rewrite your profile. Rather keep it simple and error-free. Currently, it reads a bit like a product description, and not in a good way.

Take some tests and do well on them. For a new freelancer, it could give you an edge over the other new freelancers fishing for the same jobs as you are.

And always, ALWAYS, tailor your each and every proposal to the job. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 7

Michele:

You REALLY, REALLY need a new profile photo.

Look at the profile photos of many of us here in the community forum.

Look at the photos of successful contractors...

See how our faces fill the frame, and let clients see us.

Also, our photos are in color.

And we're smiling.

Your photo looks like a tiny picture of a photo. We can hardly see you, and you look like you're frowning... like you really don't want to be here.

I KNOW you can present a GREAT photo that clients will see and instantly think to themselves that you're a serious professional who they can trust their projects to.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
4 of 7

@Preston H wrote:

Michele:

You REALLY, REALLY need a new profile photo.

Look at the profile photos of many of us here in the community forum.

Look at the photos of successful contractors...

See how our faces fill the frame, and let clients see us.

Also, our photos are in color.

And we're smiling.

Your photo looks like a tiny picture of a photo. We can hardly see you, and you look like you're frowning... like you really don't want to be here.

I KNOW you can present a GREAT photo that clients will see and instantly think to themselves that you're a serious professional who they can trust their projects to.

While I totally agree  - she looks mad in her photo actually -   Your photo doesn't fill the frame and I don't see a smile on your face either.... . Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 7

re: "...I don't see a smile on your face either..."

This is an excellent observation.

The original poster specifically stated that she is having trouble getting hired.

I'm trying to dissuade so many clients from inviting me to work on their projects, because I'm already too busy with work. So the goal is different. (I often keep access to my profile blocked so new clients can't find me.)

For the record, I regard my photo as having a very slight, subtle smile.

I don't really regard my photo as an example for a new contractor such as the original poster to emulate. There are aspects of my photo that newbies should copy (good lighting, professional attire, etc.), but my facial expression is NOT one of those aspects.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
6 of 7

@Preston H wrote:

re: "...I don't see a smile on your face either..."

This is an excellent observation.

The original poster specifically stated that she is having trouble getting hired.

I'm trying to dissuade so many clients from inviting me to work on their projects, because I'm already too busy with work. So the goal is different. (I often keep access to my profile blocked so new clients can't find me.)

For the record, I regard my photo as having a very slight, subtle smile.

I don't really regard my photo as an example for a new contractor such as the original poster to emulate. There are aspects of my photo that newbies should copy (good lighting, professional attire, etc.), but my facial expression is NOT one of those aspects.

Fair enough. But you did say to the OP,  "...and we're smiling...."  So "we" sort of includes you. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 7

if you post this another 47 times, maybe it will happen.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS