🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » I have problem with uploading files
Page options
ahmed-gamal98
Community Member

I have problem with uploading files

Hello
When I try upload a file to my client,
I have this message, I tried more than once.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bstojadinovic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

The maximum size for file attachments is 25MB. You should be able to include a link to the file once you upload it to Dropbox though.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bstojadinovic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

The maximum size for file attachments is 25MB. You should be able to include a link to the file once you upload it to Dropbox though.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ahmed:

The Upwork messenger tool automatically makes modifications to jpeg files. The way it transmits files can be dififcult to predict.

If transmitting files to clients is an important part of your work, I would urge you to familiarize yourself with other means of transmitting files, such as Dropbox, FTP, email, Google Cloud, etc.

It is okay to use Upwork to transmit files, but it isn't a guaranteed method and it won't work with all file types or file sizes. You should be aware of the limitations of using Upwork for file transmission, and you should have other ways of doing.

Preston: thank you! I've had a few problems recently and only this morning went to Dropbox ... it would be good if Upwork could communicate this potential problem to freelancers so we don't have to learn the hard way (and inconvenience clients). That would be much more professional in the long run.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths