Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have problem with uploading files

Highlighted
Ahmed G Member Since: Mar 27, 2018
1 of 4

Hello
When I try upload a file to my client,
I have this message, I tried more than once.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Ahmed,

The maximum size for file attachments is 25MB. You should be able to include a link to the file once you upload it to Dropbox though.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

Ahmed:

The Upwork messenger tool automatically makes modifications to jpeg files. The way it transmits files can be dififcult to predict.

If transmitting files to clients is an important part of your work, I would urge you to familiarize yourself with other means of transmitting files, such as Dropbox, FTP, email, Google Cloud, etc.

It is okay to use Upwork to transmit files, but it isn't a guaranteed method and it won't work with all file types or file sizes. You should be aware of the limitations of using Upwork for file transmission, and you should have other ways of doing.

Ace Contributor
Mary-Helen R Member Since: Oct 9, 2018
4 of 4

Preston: thank you! I've had a few problems recently and only this morning went to Dropbox ... it would be good if Upwork could communicate this potential problem to freelancers so we don't have to learn the hard way (and inconvenience clients). That would be much more professional in the long run.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS