cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have stopped receiving job offers from clients recently

basharov
Sergei B Member Since: Aug 1, 2009
1 of 7
I have been working as a full time freelancer on oDesk during almost 5 years and during recent 1 year I had been receiving about 2-4 job offers from clients who found me through oDesk search or other ways, without my active applying to their job posts. Recently I noticed that these job offers just stopped appearing in my inbox. My rating is still rather high - 4.85 and I have some mostly nice feedbacks from my previous clients. I suspect it can be because of the new design of the freelancer public profile page? Did any of you notice the same thing?
neemashrikant
Shrikant N Member Since: Sep 13, 2013
2 of 7
oDesk is pushing freelancers with high ratings and awesome feedback in the HIDDEN folder and you are also a VICTIM like ME. I am having 5 stars feedback and all my clients are satisfied, still I am going in the HIDDEN folder. Lets hope oDesk fix this BUG asap Smiley Sad
zoomconcepts
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
3 of 7
Hm I still see your profile in the old view (could be because I don't have a client account though). It's been a while since the last change of public profiles, so if you're seeing difference in your invitations pattern only recently, it's probably due to other changes in the system - search algorythms, recommendation algorythms etc. You have to also consider the factor that it has been a bit slow lately in terms of good budget jobs - I've noticed a slight change in the type and number of invites I get as well, although it's not something too drastic enough to bother me (yet). p.s. Great portfolio : )
sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
4 of 7
Don't you think the last feedback showing in your profile could somehow affect your job interview situation? I mean, you have stars 1/5 for deadline. Besides that, you have really nice hair.
Michelle K Member Since: Sep 25, 2009
5 of 7
I too haven't received any job offers in probably a year. I thought it was b/c I raised my hourly rate, but now with others complaining, who knows : (
motakwitold
Witold M Member Since: Feb 7, 2013
6 of 7
In the past 6 or 7 weeks I only got one invitation to interview. My truck record is very strong, my score went up to 4.91 recently, and I added another related to my specialty test with passing mark of "above average" - but job offers just stopped coming.
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7
Hi Witold, I am sorry you have been experiencing decline in invitations to interviews recently. If you contact Customer Support, our Team could help you determine what factors might have caused this decline and advise you on what actions you can take to improve your chances to be invited and hired.
~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS