🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have too many finished projects under 'in p...
Page options
tomliuwhite
Community Member

I have too many finished projects under 'in progress', would this be a problem?

I have 11 projects under 'in progress'. Actually I have finished all the projects. But the clients want to leave them open, so they can send me projects continuously. I have not heard from some of them for couple months. I wonder would that affect my JSS with that many projects 'in progress'. And should talk to some of them to end the contracts?
Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

JIAN L wrote:

I have 11 projects under 'in progress'. Actually I have finished all the projects. But the clients want to leave them open, so they can send me projects continuously. I have not heard from some of them for couple months. I wonder would that affect my JSS with that many projects 'in progress'. And should talk to some of them to end the contracts?
Thanks.

Send the clients one (!) message saying how much you appreciated working with them and if they have nothing further for you right now, could they be so kind and end the contract. Remind them that they can rehire you effortlessly if they should need you again in the future (which is true)

Some of them probably will.

Then you can close one of the unresponsive ones, wait a few closed contracts, close another of them and so on until they're all gone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

JIAN L wrote:

Thanks.

Send the clients one (!) message saying how much you appreciated working with them and if they have nothing further for you right now, could they be so kind and end the contract. Remind them that they can rehire you effortlessly if they should need you again in the future (which is true)

Some of them probably will.

Then you can close one of the unresponsive ones, wait a few closed contracts, close another of them and so on until they're all gone.

By all means do as Petra suggests. But I wouldn't worry too much about them. They won't affect your JSS. I have 16 jobs "in progress" at present. Some of the clients will probably return eventually, and I like the fact that they can ask me for more work without having to start a new contract.

I'm also thinking that if I ever find I haven't completed the 10 jobs I need for getting my TR perk back, I'll have some dead jobs I can close to make the number up. 😁

Richard W wrote:

By all means do as Petra suggests. But I wouldn't worry too much about them. They won't affect your JSS. I have 16 jobs "in progress" at present. Some of the clients will probably return eventually, and I like the fact that they can ask me for more work without having to start a new contract.

Perfectly valid perspective. Mine went up to 30 at one point. It's just a bit untidy and can make clients think I'm too busy for their project.

Richard W wrote:

I'm also thinking that if I ever find I haven't completed the 10 jobs I need for getting my TR perk back, I'll have some dead jobs I can close to make the number up. 😁

THAT is a very good point!

Richard W wrote:

Yep, this is me at the moment. 

I had to use my perk recently and those dead 'in progress' jobs are coming in handy. I just want another 1 to leave some feedback and then I'll close a bunch more of the unresponsive ones. No rush though as I've not reached the 3 months anyway yet. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths