🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have very bad experience today from upwork
Page options
846bc6f3
Community Member

I have very bad experience today from upwork

today I had received a message from agent **Edited for community guidelines* from upwork dispute center that client will receive the funds in escrow after the feb5..... amazing decision!!!!!

let me share this in detail :

I had worked for client+submited the projectile and deployment on his aws==than client sent me return request!!!  he didn't inform me, without any discussion, client was non responsive even i have asked for 5 min call he didn't responded+ even client didn't responded on dispute!!!! its my efforts money$250 

I was hoping that with this all strong proof upwork will help me , but NO. client is more important for them even after they make such frauds with freelancers!!! 

in my case client took project code file+deployment+my efforts and i get nothing!!!!!!!  thanks for just justice which open my eyes now!!!

even i have asked client to work for anything still he is looking into,,,,,but upeork agents have directly made it towards client!!!!!

=========================================================

all proof are in to chat!!! they see as well ,, but upwork killed my interest to work here===  no better words I have to say now

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hiren: Don't work for that client again. Clearly that client can not be trusted.

Fixed-price contracts CAN be risky. As you learned with this one.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hiren,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. It looks like you have an open ticket with our Dispute team about this case. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

We will also follow up with the team about your case.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
846bc6f3
Community Member

I know that upworkis not interested to help freelancers in such cases while after receiving refund request from client !!

we are freelancers are here to work for clients here for free.--upwork

look at the blow strong highlights in my case willhelp you ti understand at least!!

+ I am unprotected here at upwork due to the client who didn't behave professionally !!!!!!!

1. he created another job while already there is a dispute status is ON for the same project!!. did he tried to reach out with the proposal to solution with working again with his changed reqs ?? NO.

2. Did he allowed me to talk over a call for 5 min while the project was going on and I was near to submit !!!!!?? NO.

3.WAS he ready to discuss before ending the contract???? NO.

4. Did he discuss before sending a refund request??? NO.

I mean this is enough!!!! he is doing as anything comes to his mind !! like he changed requirements after submission of the project!!!!!!

I am feeling my self really very depressed and insecure here,

tlbp
Community Member

Hiren B wrote:

I know that upworkis not interested to help freelancers in such cases while after receiving refund request from client !!

we are freelancers are here to work for clients here for free.--upwork

look at the blow strong highlights in my case willhelp you ti understand at least!!

+ I am unprotected here at upwork due to the client who didn't behave professionally !!!!!!!

1. he created another job while already there is a dispute status is ON for the same project!!. did he tried to reach out with the proposal to solution with working again with his changed reqs ?? NO.

2. Did he allowed me to talk over a call for 5 min while the project was going on and I was near to submit !!!!!?? NO.

3.WAS he ready to discuss before ending the contract???? NO.

4. Did he discuss before sending a refund request??? NO.

I mean this is enough!!!! he is doing as anything comes to his mind !! like he changed requirements after submission of the project!!!!!!

I am feeling my self really very depressed and insecure here,

No client is ever required to speak to you on a call simply because you want to argue with them about the quality of the work. If you cannot accept that, then Upwork is not for you. 

Your option when a client initiates a refund request is to accept the request or dispute it. If you choose not to dispute and cooperate with customer service, the money is returned to the client. 

846bc6f3
Community Member

kindly try to understand the situation,

I have requested a client for a call while work was going  on and he replied me : cool" for my work he saw in his account!!!  

he said me cool after looking into my work, than after one day I have requested to him to have a call because it was near a day to submit the project , so at that moment he stop responding me,, you get it??

846bc6f3
Community Member

i asked client before submitting for a project, if still anything he wants from me, for that purpose i have asked fora call,,(professional),,,,,,,,, but his response rate was becoming slow while the project was deployed on his aws account.... he replied like :  k(in place of ok),, or not resposre,,,,

he was awaiting from me to complete the work so that he can move forward to refund the request !!!!!!

even if all things in transparent in a chat, upwork is making making its eyes close to take client side!!  makny thanks for this session to me. I will have better choices for future!!

With a fixed price contact, the only way to force a client to pay is by going to arbitration. If you're unable or unwilling to pay for arbitration,  then you have no protection.

Arbitration costs each party $291. Bear in mind,  however,  that if you pay for arbitration and the client doesn't, then you win by default without needing arbitration,  so you get your arbitration fee back as well as the money in escrow. Since it sounds like your client has no grounds for refusing to pay,  it's probably a safe bet that he won't pay for arbitration. 

This is also happening to me at the moment. First is I have this client that needs ghostwriting services and we both agreed to follow the outline I have created. It was a 30k (as stated in his job offer) after I have submitted the book he wants to add a lot of stuff for his book, this would mean that I would rewrite the whole book or add all his required topics in the book this would also mean I need to exceed the number of words needed for his book. He told me that it's okay to exceed 50k words. I did my job and submitted the book(complete with plagiarism check and grammar check) and then he said that he needs to review everything, after 2 days he canceled the contract and wants a refund without contacting me why. I filed for a dispute but after reading this one I am now worried about my rating and if I will be compensated for the job I did.

tlsanders
Community Member

If you and the client can't come to an agreement in the dispute, then it's your choice whether to go to arbitration or let the money be refunded to the client. It sounds like you didn't opt to pay for arbitration, so it's not clear what you expected Upwork to do. They don't make rulings on disputes--they try to help you come to an agreement and then you decide whether or not to go to arbitration.

Hiren: Don't work for that client again. Clearly that client can not be trusted.

Fixed-price contracts CAN be risky. As you learned with this one.

my profile is fresh on upwork buT  I have traffic of clients due to my skills and past reviews, but now I am scared because of such imbalanced decision from upwork, 

because if this will be the upwork process to support clients than all will follow this process after submission of project they sent refund request!!!! 

even upwork cant see clients past reviews!!! and judge it

!!

I HACE LOST MY INTEREST WITH UPWORK+LOST MY EFFORTS+SYBMITTED WORK==== client open refund request and....all finish!!!!!....

very depress 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members