🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I haven't Logged any time but contract is pau...
Page options
raines-sarah
Community Member

I haven't Logged any time but contract is paused

I accepted an hourly job offer recently. When I wanted to log the time, I couldn't do it successfully because the contract is paused (I didn't even get any notification beforehand). I have sent a message to the client, but he hasn't responded. If I don't log anytime and we eventually close the contract, will my JSS be negatively affected?

2 REPLIES 2
tlbp
Community Member

Sarah R wrote:

I accepted an hourly job offer recently. When I wanted to log the time, I couldn't do it successfully because the contract is paused (I didn't even get any notification beforehand). I have sent a message to the client, but he hasn't responded. If I don't log anytime and we eventually close the contract, will my JSS be negatively affected?

Possibly. But, there's nothing you can do about it now. Look for another gig and continue working with other clients. The more reviews you have, the less impact a single client's contract will have. 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Adding to what Tonya said, the way this could hurt your JSS is if it is closed with no payment at all. If it turns out the client has changed his mind and wants to cancel the whole thing, ask him to pay you $1, that will keep it out of the no-pay column. In the future, always log at least a few minutes when a contract begins, to avoid this scenario. If I'm not ready to begin work yet, I still do five minutes of "project setup".

Hope you hadn't done much work yet, in case he's flaking on you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members