🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I haven't received my money
Page options
ioana-grau
Community Member

I haven't received my money

This is the second time this year I have encountered issues with my payment to my local bank.
Upwork, this is very frustrating for someone who has been here on this platform for a while and pays Upwork fees each week!

On 16th December I made a withdrawal and on 18th I got the payment confirmation. Now it's been a couple of days and the money hasn't reached my bank account. I called my bank and they haven't received anything.
I made the withdrawal so that the money to arrive before Christmas, and again very frustrating to have to chase for my money.

Could you please check for any technical issues on your side or trace this payment? On my side the bank acc and the details are fine.

16 REPLIES 16
indktr
Community Member

Hello Ioanna, yes this is very frustrating and there are a lot more people with issues like you, me included. Upwork doesn't make any kind of comment about what going on. Only the 'bots' come here with the copy-and-paste message about the 8 business days for tracing... Check my post here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Direct-to-Local-Bank-withdrawal-not-showing-in-my-accoun...

You will see many more people complaining about this issue. It's frustrating, especially before Christmas when everybody needs the money. 

petrameb
Community Member

I'm just bumping this one to keep it relevant.

petrameb
Community Member

Hello Ioana! I am sorry you've experienced this, but you are not the only one as quite a few from Europe are in the same boat. For reference, you can see the thread here  https://community.upwork.com/t5/Support-Forum/Direct-to-Local-Bank-withdrawal-not-received/m-p/14886 . There also is a post regarding Upwork as of last week now paying from a British (not EU and therefore  not SEPA-supported) instead of the usual Irish bank (EU and SEPA-supported) here https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Europe-transfer-fee/m-p/1486885#M811623 .

indktr
Community Member

Where are you based Ioanna?

Hi João, will check out your post as well. I'm based in Romania.

This seems to be related to European freelancers only. 

69a926db
Community Member

I am in Italy, and let me advise that even processing from Upwork system has been delayed, I have posted about that you can read in detail
till the last week: if you request payment before 11:00 am CET it gets processed the same day and requires 1 working day to reflect in your account.
If you request payment after 11:00 CET it gets processed the next day in the morning (at 090:00 CET)
Now they process all of them either the next day afternoon or after 48 hours.
EU has nothing to do with this disrespect IMHO

Did you notice the new line in the processing email that says 5 working days? it never existed before
Very disappointing and frustrating

Hello Abulhassan! I've read your post and I immediately checked my emails, but have to say that the 5 Day rule has been on my emails all year... What has not been all year is that my payment, issued on Friday, still has not been received one week later.

Yes and No ,I have an email dated 31/10/2023 that does not have this 5 working days statement it had an estimated date of delivery, and yes it was arriving the next working day like a charm, but now we are in trouble in the holiday season, I do not think anyone will take proper action until the second week of January 

And when they finally do, we can assume that the Upwork Support System will break down as there must be a storm of trace requests. Your post alone has been seen 77 times in one hour. That's a lot, so some are sitting on the fence.

I believe that it was not us who made that decision, we were never informed about the bank change and the consequences, we knew the information the hard way.
You can't imagine how furious I am 

indktr
Community Member

My emails also have that line since I remember. I only hear people from the EU complaining not from outside. Also, another freelancer saw fees being charged by his bank since it was no longer a SEPA account, so it makes sense it might be related to a new bank outside the UE, but that doesn't explain the delay. If the issue is only Upwork-related, then it's even more serious. 

69a926db
Community Member

It appears to me that Upwork invested in AI and forgot to invest in human intelligence before making such decisions

It is true!

And applicable for all innovations for last year. 😀

Great
petrameb
Community Member

Hello Ioana! Would you mind leaving a brief comment with your so-called payment date and where you are based on this thread https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Payment-late-Christmas-ruined-Trust-lost/m-p/1489542#M81... ? It would help to get an overview over how many are affected.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members