🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I helped the client in passing his exam but h...
Page options
muiz-rehman
Community Member

I helped the client in passing his exam but he has given me very bad feedback.

I got my first ever contract on upwork which was about helping the client in passing his exam. I helped him for 10 days. The project's budget was $15. When he hired me, he created a milestone and released $5 in it. I thought that it's ok and he will pay me after the work as I didn't know that you have to release full budget's money into escrow. 

I helped him passing his exam and he passed his exam with good marks. He is not paying me the remaining budget and ended the contract. I don't care about money because I know it's my mistake. But the problem is he has given a very bad feedback with only one star. It's my start in freelancing and now I am worried about my profile and its impact on my future projects. Is there any solution to deal with it?

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I don't see any one star feedback in your profile. If you're talking about the $5 project to "help me write my test", that client didn't leave you any feedback. However, if you have helped somebody write a test, then you and he are both participating in academic fraud.

Actually, it looks like two of your three jobs have been to help people write tests. If you're working for people who are cheaters, then don't be surprised if they cheat you out of your payment as well. 

No I didn't helped him writing his exam. I just helped him understand the topics which were covered in the exam. Upwork can check our history.

Muiz R wrote:

No I didn't helped him writing his exam. I just helped him understand the topics which were covered in the exam. Upwork can check our history.

Too bad. If you had taken the exam for him, you could just inform his university.

No. I haven't. I just helped him understanding the topics. As you can see the exam date is 12 and he proposed the offer almost 10 days before it.

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Muiz R wrote:

I got my first ever contract on upwork which was about helping the client in passing his exam. I helped him for 10 days. The project's budget was $15. When he hired me, he created a milestone and released $5 in it. I thought that it's ok and he will pay me after the work as I didn't know that you have to release full budget's money into escrow. 

I helped him passing his exam and he passed his exam with good marks. He is not paying me the remaining budget and ended the contract. I don't care about money because I know it's my mistake. But the problem is he has given a very bad feedback with only one star. It's my start in freelancing and now I am worried about my profile and its impact on my future projects. Is there any solution to deal with it?

Thanks.

So you thought it good to announce you just broke the ToS.

Anyway, take solace in the fact that since the JSS is dollar value weighed, provided you manage to land bigger jobs later on, your JSS (when you finally have one) won't take too much of a beating from a $5 contract.

Why Sir?

I haven't done anything illegal. I just helped him understanding the topics. Nothing more than that.

Muiz R wrote:

I haven't done anything illegal. 

Looking at your history, you have. If not for the job you just wrote about, but the other two, where you were CLEARLY feeding exam answers to the "clients" which is academic fraud and strictly forbidden. It violates academic integrity, and Upwork's terms of service. It can get you removed from the platform. 

Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt it sounds like the OP tutored the client for a ten day bootcamp, which obviously isn't a violation of any term.

Exams don't take ten days.

Petra R wrote:

Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt it sounds like the OP tutored the client for a ten day bootcamp, which obviously isn't a violation of any term.

Exams don't take ten days.

Some exams span 10 days but it's ok.

In the absence of substantive evidence,

I take back my allusion of possible impropriety.

You can see the project date. He proposed the offer almost 10 days before the exam. So, daily we were having a one hour session of study. As the syllabus of the exam is tough.

muiz-rehman
Community Member

Why everyone is blaming me... I haven't done anything wrong. I know terms. I am already worried as he didn't pay me and also very bad feedback and you all are accusing for false allegations.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Muiz R wrote:

Thanks.

What are you talking about? How do you know you got only one star when that job is not ended yet?

Martina P wrote:.

What are you talking about? How do you know you got only one star when that job is not ended yet?

It's ended, just not showing yet, it'll show when the profiles update.

He ended the contract.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members