🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I just upgraded my upwork membership, but it'...
Page options
getcheeky
Community Member

I just upgraded my upwork membership, but it's not reflecting the change in my account

Hello,
I just upgraded my upwork membership, but it's not reflecting the change in my account. It said to wait a few hours, but it doesn't even show in my email that I "made the upgrade".
I've been a paying member before and I don't recall ever waiting a few hours to "activate".

Plus, I'm not even sure if my Upgrade Request went thru?--- I don't want to purchase again and be charged a second time for the exact same monthly membership.

Please advise.

Thank you!

19 REPLIES 19
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

I checked this for you and looks like you didn't initiate the activation of the Plus plan on your account. Please go to Membership & Connects / Membership plans / Upgrade to Plus and on the bottom of the page ''Review Upgrade'' click on the  ''Activate Freelancer Plus''. If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
getcheeky
Community Member

I did not have that exact option you suggested, so I purchased upgrade plan again. Now it says, "there was a problem with your request". See attached screen shot.

Please advise.

thank you!

getcheeky
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Any ideas on how to fix this, please? I've purchased upgrade for $14.99/month--- done this several times this morning. 

It's not processing.

Please help as I need to apply for an invitation for a job.

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused, Michelle.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with upgrading your membership plan. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
getcheeky
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

It's been several hours since you said someone would reach out to me via a support ticket--- and no one has reached out to me.

There is a price discrepancy for the Plus membership---- I'm given 2 different prices for the exact same Plus membership. Via my laptop, the Plus membership is $14.99/month; however, via the Upwork mobile app, the Plus membership is showing $21.99/month.

Since I've been a Plus member before and I'm being offered the lower price of $14.99/month, I'm requesting that Upwork honors that price of $14.99/month.

Please assist.

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. A member of the team has reached out to you already. You should also be able to access the ticket directly here. Please note that In-app prices are subject to additional processing fees. For more information please see this help article.

~ Bojan
Upwork
getcheeky
Community Member

Hi there,

Peter from the Upwork Support Desk reached out to me about an hour ago. I
was able to upgrade my membership to Freelancer Plus at the rate of
$14.99/month.
Thank you for following up on this issue--- much appreciated!
rose-chi
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I’m afraid that I’m having the same issue here. I’ve successfully made the payment to upgrade my membership, however, it’s not showed on my profile and I can’t active it either. Would you please ask your team member to help fix this?

Thanks,
Rose
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rose.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having a similar issue, please help.

I tried to upgrade to Membership Plus and message said "your request is in review".

When I go onto Review upgrade it is still showing as basic plan.

I don't want to redo the Upgrade to Plus in case I get charged twice. Can someone check what's happening and let me know urgently.

Hi Samantha, 

I checked your account and can confirm that you were not charged and you`re still on our Basic plan. Could you try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via another browser to upgrade to our Plus plan? If you still receive any error on your end, please send me a screenshot of the error via PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same issue upwork charged me the said amount but upwork isn't any signs of an upgrade i am still on Basic Plan

Hi Muhammad Daniyal,

I checked and it looks like the transaction has been declined. You might want to reach out to your card issuing bank directly so that they can check the specific decline error. You may also consider using a different payment method to upgrade your membership. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

And i can't even close my agency account

Hi Muhammad Daniyal,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with closing your agency account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks

Hey, Bojan when is then agent going to contact me?

reddy-susindra
Community Member

Hello,

I’m having an issue in my membership. I’ve successfully made the payment through UPI to apple services to upgrade my upwork membership to Plus, however, it’s not shown on my profile. Would you please help me fix this?

Thanks,
Susindra Reddy

Hi Susindra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members