🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I know a client who was fake account
Page options
aurora_ferandez
Community Member

I know a client who was fake account

I know a client who was fake account .

Why only freelancers should  verify identity .

The client I am telling pretends  is either from Philippines either from USA and pretends to work for a fake company **Edited for Community Guidelines** .

Actually he is from India faking  his location , scamming freelancers , paying only 10 dollars on Upowkr and the rest on paypal .

Can you verify him ?

You can see now he sais is from USA Port Jefresson , until a few days pretended to be from Phillipines .

He is actually lying to induce deliberate error . Is from Deli , Inida Not to mention has 16 fake jobs  and 55 % hire rare . 

Can Upwork ask him to verify his identity ?

In reality after information I have from intelligence services that are investigated him  it is this  one 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines** Founder & CEO **Edited for Community Guidelines** another fake compani of his .

2 red flags from his  big boss CEO ,,official '' page :

1) it is done with a childish  template ,meaning not afforing pay some domain and proffesional  page 

2) His email is gmail meaning not insitutional / company of this ,, CEO''.

As you can see phone umber is indian number , and his ,, company'' and profile in linkedin are located in Deli India .

Why upwork can investigate such persons faking their location ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hello Fernandez,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info so I could forward this to the appropriate team to review and take action? You can also check this link on how to report suspicious user activity on our platform.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PradeepH

Hello Fernandez,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info so I could forward this to the appropriate team to review and take action? You can also check this link on how to report suspicious user activity on our platform.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Done , tnks for rapid feedback 

Why are no measures taken on clients with fake identity .

I submitted this one that I know and I see  his account is still active .

As you can see in the screenshot predends to be from Port Jeffreson USA .

When in realitty his identity is this

**Edited for Community Guidelines** Founder & CEO **Edited for Community Guidelines**
A fake company of course with wich you could find him on linkedin being in India Deli
There are also   2 red flags of this ,,,CEO '''
His site is made with free child template and he has a gmail account. A ceo obvious has a company mail .
Since there is clear this client has fake identity why not taking masures ?
Please take appropiate measures meaning erasing  him and report here such that people that you take serious measures or you dont take because he is client

Hi Fernandez,

Thanks for taking the time to report this. I shared your report with the team so that the appropriate actions can be taken according to our internal processes.

Please check out this post for tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you'd like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Be aware  also he will lie that he is employeed of that fake company , the company does not exist  does not even has a web page

Did you managed to take a decision?

Can I ask how much will take ?

I feel is not something complicated to updated in decent time .

Fernandez A wrote:

Did you managed to take a decision?

Can I ask how much will take ?

I feel is not something complicated to updated in decent time .

As and when Upwork decide what (if anything) to do about that client's account, they will not inform you or tell you what (if anything) has been done because of privacy reasons. You've done your bit. You've reported the matter, now it is time to let it go and move on. 

Hello there!

Hope you are doing great!

I am at the initial stage and continue day and night working on Upwork, just to improve my id. in the meantime. I have found one client who is fake. He makes his profile put location  USA. but actually, he is from Bangladesh. 

=============

My first question is why Upwork accepts such clients who enter fake information?

=============

I have sent the proposal to him he accepts my proposal. want some work ( I Need traffic my site for my affiliate offer ) I have accepts his proposal then suddenly he messages me and said, I want traffic on my affiliate link, through ads so I told him for that I need money first. He said I will increase your hourly rate and suddenly he increase my hourly rate from 5$ to 20$. But I said to him I want money first. what I can do for you is. for the first week, I will do free promotion. once I get the money then we will move to paid promotions. he accepts and he wants to set again 20$ to 5$. but unfortunately, once it is increased it will never back to the low price.  So he ends the contract without any reason. when I request him to pay at least 1$ so that my JSS could not affect.  he blocked me. also, he made his id with the name of Girl, but actually, he is a boy.  I had one conversation with him on skype.

Pls, provide a solution ASAP. 

So that I can start my carrier on Upwork well.

Thanks, Regards

Gaurav Luthra

Hi Gaurav,

Could you please share more details with me via PM (click on my name) about the client you're referring to? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Gaurav wrote:

So he ends the contract without any reason. when I request him to pay at least 1$ so that my JSS could not affect. 

It doesn't affect your JSS AT ALL unless the client left bad feedback. And you don't actually have a JSS yet anyway.

You harassed the client to the point of being blocked for absolutely no reason.

he accepts and he wants to set again 20$ to 5$. but unfortunately, once it is increased it will never back to the low price

You could very easily have decreased it yourself. Clients can increase rates, Freelancers can decrease rates.

None of this was necessary and you've now messed up your very first and so far only contract. Clearly the client's location and gender didn't worry you previously...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths