🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I live in Venezuela. I don't have a tax n...
Page options
cfa8043f
Community Member

I live in Venezuela. I don't have a tax number. what can I do?

I live in Venezuela. I don't have a tax number. what can I do?

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ginnette,

You'll have access to your Upwork earnings as long as you complete W-8BEN form, 

which purpose is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. You may need to consult a local tax adviser about proper ways to report your Upwork income to your country's tax authorities. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
andreag22
Community Member

Venezuelan authorities, LOL.

53f825f7
Community Member

I am currently an international student studying in Georgia. I do not have a tax number so is it mandatory? How do I apply for one if I do need one?

Hi Anuri,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
carlosbastidas01
Community Member

I live in Venezuela too, you just have to go to tax information and declare that you're outside of us and it works fine I receive the money via PayPal and I haven't received any issue. 

check the image 

Regards.

Carlos. 

How did you did it?

I dont live in the us, idk what to write there

carlosbastidas01
Community Member

go to your picture on the right top corner, go to settings, user settings tax information that will request your residence, your full name and your TIN is the same as your RIF 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths