cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'll try this ONE more time. it's NOT MONDAY IT'S SUNDAY.

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
11 of 27

I GIVE UP. 

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
12 of 27

Yes, it is UTC. And it says so clearly in the help center/support section.

The US alone has 6 (9) time zones - and the world 24 (25). This is a global platform.

There needs to be some sort of coordination, don't you think? The work week is the same for everybody, no matter where they live.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
13 of 27

Work time has been observed in UTC since pretty much the inception of oDesk. There is nothing for Upwork to fix for a change and it's pretty well documented in the support files.

https://support.upwork.com/entries/23128372-What-s-the-work-week-s-schedule-

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 27

I don't want it to be monday. Smiley Sad  6 deadlines soon and for the first time in my freelancing career I had to turn work away because I think I'm overbooked.

Today is a do or die day.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
15 of 27

@Jennifer M wrote:

....for the first time in my freelancing career I had to turn work away because I think I'm overbooked.

Yay! Time to raise rates!

Community Guru
16 of 27

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 27

Hi Mariska,

I understand that it's frustrating since it's first time you noticed it. As everybody noted on this thread, the Team App and all the reports are set in UTC by design. You will see a note about it here:

Team App.png

And here:

Reports.png

Also, you receive emails notifying you that the Work Week ended and your weekly timelog is available for review. At this point in order for 01:10 to count as your last week's work, you can add it as manual time to last week's logs and remove the screenshots from your Work Diary. Or you can leave is as it is - you will still get paid for the time you logged.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
18 of 27

TTFN

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
19 of 27

Mariska,

Why should Upwork fix the time if you couldn't be bothered to read the time on your timer?

Talk to you client explain you didn't understand. I am sure the client will allow for manual time if you just explain.

Community Guru
20 of 27

GOOD JOB SUZANNE!!!

If only you could hear my tone. 

DO have a pleasant day and thanks for your kind words. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS