cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'll try this ONE more time. it's NOT MONDAY IT'S SUNDAY.

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
21 of 27

FYI- i rec'd my alert email around 10pm 'ish'. I was done my work before that time. jus' sayin'

Community Guru
22 of 27

I have the PERFECT solution to this time kafuffle... 

Epoch timestamp: 1439213400
Timestamp in milliseconds: 1439213400000
Human time (your time zone): 8/10/2015, 10:30:00 AM
Human time (GMT): Mon, 10 Aug 2015 13:30:00 GMT

EPOCH TIMESTAMP is the way to go these days. 

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
BEST ANSWER
23 of 27

@Mariska P wrote:

EPOCH TIMESTAMP is the way to go these days. 

Just for the small amusement that will come from frustrating you more on this topic, I will note that the Epoch is based on UTC.  Smiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

There's also the small matter that it is no way related to when a day is designated to start or end for you or your clients (unless one of you happens to be in a time zone that mirrors UTC).  If your clients don't understand that UTC is currently the best method to resolve the matter, they really shouldn't be trying to operate on the world stage.

In your favor, I will note that UTC, like most "universal" things, is of decreasing use the farther removed from Earth you are.  So if you ever plan to work from a Moon base or a Mars outpost, re-raise the issue and Upwork will almost certainly address it with their customary promptness.

Community Guru
24 of 27

LOL. oops sorry. I should have said HAHA because LOL is soooo yesterday. Smiley Wink 

Community Guru
25 of 27

forget it. 

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
26 of 27

This has been my computer clock since I started on this platform.

(08-10-2015 09.45.29).png

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
27 of 27

re: "So if you ever plan to work from a Moon base or a Mars outpost..."

Unfortunately, I think there is some bias among clients on Upwork against contractors who work from either the Moon or Mars. There are concerns about time lag for communications and also beliefs that the cost of living for inhabitants of Mars and the Moon makes contractors living there too expensive relative to contractors who reside on Earth. I have heard that some Martian and Lunarian contractors have set up profiles which use their country of origin rather than their current planet of residence on their profile, which is technically a violation of Upwork regulations if they are indeed permanent residents of an extraterrestrial foreign body.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS