🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I logged manual Upwork time last week. I am y...
Page options
mathengemaina
Community Member

I logged manual Upwork time last week. I am yet to be paid

Hi guys, 

I have been working with a client on a fixed contract. Recently he has indicated that he is quite busy and can't find the time needed to create and approve milestones. So he recommended adding manual upwork time up to the amount agreed for each task. 

I added manual Upwork time on Saturday - this is the first time doing so by the way - and up to today am yet to see the payment. From what I have seen, manual upwork time is billed automatically on Mondays, Since today is Tuesday, I was wondering why the manual upwork time is yet to be paid. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi John,

Could you share the contract ID with me via PM (click on mu name) so that I can check the details and assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

John M wrote:

I added manual Upwork time on Saturday - this is the first time doing so by the way - and up to today am yet to see the payment. From what I have seen, manual upwork time is billed automatically on Mondays

Not on fixed rate contracts. They are, as the name would suggest, fixed rate.

You can't add time to a fixed rate contract.

Or rather, you can physically add it, but it isn't billed or charged to the client and is therefor a complete and utter waste of time.

If you want to be paid by the hour, ask the client to end the contract (after paying you for your work, of course) and hire you on an hourly contract.

If you do that, remember that manual time is not in any way protected.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths