Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love being Top Rated

Ace Contributor
James T Member Since: Oct 12, 2015
1 of 13

Poeple, I have great news.......

The Upwork Top Rated really DOES work. I have been Top Rated for 5 days now and what they say is true

- You do indeed get a blue badge on your profile

- Your profile is really sent to clients and agencies with recommendations

- The Inteerview box is so full I am unable to answer all the offers

- I have noticed a surge in my mojo

Now I am one for sharing information and knowledge to others if it benefits them. So I would like to share with you one of the job recommendations I received from the guys at Upwork. If you care to visit my profile you will see that I am sadly over qualified for this so had to decline. Upwork are keeping to their promise of sending me quality recommendations on a regualr basis. **edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 13

Congratulations for being a Top Rated Freelancer, James!   What's at the top by the way? Smiley Wink

ashish r Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
3 of 13

Very stange.

I think I am top-rated too and I can see the blue badge.

But I do not get any invites and I also do not see any significant changes in the stats. Maybe the algorithm is biased.Smiley Sad

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 13

Edited - I misunderstood

Community Guru
Natalia G Member Since: Jun 8, 2008
5 of 13

I have been top rated for ages.

No changes. no jobs, hundreds of applications.

No visits to my profile.

I am happy it works for you though!

I think it's random, like everything here.

Ace Contributor
6 of 13

I have to confess.... my original post was as sarcastic as it gets. And unfortunstely the ppunch line to my post was edited out! Rendering my post useless.

What I had attaxhed was an invitaion from upwork to apply for, wait for it......... An Estinian translator who must speak thst language. 

Wht a joke, lol

This widget could not be displayed.
7 of 13
This widget could not be displayed.

@James T wrote:

I have to confess.... my original post was as sarcastic as it gets. And unfortunstely the ppunch line to my post was edited out! Rendering my post useless.

What I had attaxhed was an invitaion from upwork to apply for, wait for it......... An Estinian translator who must speak thst language. 

Wht a joke, lol

Do not wait for suitable invitations. Search and apply for suitable job offers that meet your expectations. 

Ace Contributor
8 of 13

Greetings fellow Upworkers. I jut wanted to write an update on top rated (as the group seems to have disappeared)

So it has now been a week since I was awarded this status and I have been moaning about thr tumbleweeds that have been appearing on a regular basis...... However (good) Yesterday there was a flurry of activity. I had 3 clients invite me to apply for their jobs and an Upwork recruiter offer me a client who is looking for a large task to be completed.

This was excoting as my account has been the busiest for a while

Of the 3 jobs I bid under most other proosals, but did not get any of them (clearly looking for cheap rather than quality)

The big client is pending........

10 recommendations a day ( for stuff I have no skills or experience at - today was a danish proofreader lol)

But I am now encouraged by this and want to pass this enthusiasm on.......

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
9 of 13

Well you are doing better then some of us that are top rated. I had one whole invite this month for a job that was vaguely in my area. They wanted someone to do cold calling and sales calls and uhmm this is not in my profile. I hate sales calls and cold calling.

Be happy you have something cause that is the only invite I have had since October.

Ace Contributor
10 of 13

To be fair, the only difference is the emails and messages I suddenly got. But the outcome is just the same. I offer a fee that in the real world would be considered very cheap, but on here its the opposite

As for the job recommendations I am frequently getting, they are for jobs like, Estonoan, Damish and Fillippino wirters and proofreaders and others similar which I have zero anything for them

So I guess what I am saying is I was encouraged by the emails from upwork but reality is just the same as before....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS