🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I'm Rising Talent and my profile was set ...
Page options
f059c7c1
Community Member

I'm Rising Talent and my profile was set to private

Hello! I'm new to the platform. I created my profile a month ago, and now my profile has been set to private due to the lack of earnings.

As per the details on this link, I'm supposed to get a 90 day grace period, being new and Rising Talent: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private-

"New freelancers have a 90 day grace period to build up a successful stream of work before the profile visibility restriction will begin. Remember, you can still submit proposals even if your profile is private."

What's the point of being a Rising Talent if the platform is not going to let clients see my profile? I have been actively submitting proposals but I haven't yet been able to earn a project. I would like my profile to be set back to Public. Can anyone assist me, please?

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Jose Gabriel,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
8584976c
Community Member

Hi,
I have just passed the readiness test and earned a rising talent badge. But my profile is set as private since I was new and couldn't earn. I kept on sending proposals but all in vain since my profile was set as private. Now I have done the readiness test but of no use. I think rising talents should be given the opportunity to rise while having a public profile. Otherwise, there is no use in being a rising talent if the profile is not public and the client cannot see it. 

• This is my request to the policymakers to please review this thing. The rising talent should be given the opportunity to work freely with a public profile.

When you send proposals, the clients can still see your profile. You just can't be found in search results, but it's not likely you would be hired by a client searching for freelancers in the search function. 

Thanks for the response. But there is another query. It's not just a matter of seeing by the client. I want to use my availability badge as well and that is not possible having a private profile. I can not even change it by using connects. So, I cannot do anything without having my profile public. I can not be invited by the client either. I am struggling since last year due to this problem. This is my humble request to look into this matter. 

Regards,

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members